• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Smartphone Talk

ConnorTheFanboy

hey guys. I've recently been obsessed with smartphones as well as tablets. Sure, I get it, there's many people that have iPhones or Galaxy devices. But, I wanna know it anyone has heard of the HTC 10! So, what kind of phone do YOU have? NOTE: Be as specific as possible: "iPhone" or "Android" or "Samsung" is too broad. I need to know which Android, what iPhone, or which Samsung. Thanks!

I have a Google Nexus 6 on Android, having previously had 2 Iphones and 3 Samsung phones, I used to hate the Android OS to be honest, as it's a rather large drain on the phone Battery, on my Nexus 6 a full charge lasts about a day and half if I don't use apps all the time if I'm lucky.

Just a budget smartphone. A Sony E4G. I was tight on money at the time so I couldn't go overboard. It does the job, it provides cover from some anxiety when I'm out and about and I have access to the web and apps when I need them and a camera for all my social needs, the basic crap. I don't really like phones; I despise phone conversations as I also talk over people and have trouble with saying the right things.

Just a budget smartphone. A Sony E4G. I was tight on money at the time so I couldn't go overboard. It does the job, it provides cover from some anxiety when I'm out and about and I have access to the web and apps when I need them and a camera for all my social needs, the basic crap. I don't really like phones; I despise phone conversations as I also talk over people and have trouble with saying the right things.

I quite like phone conversations, I just apparently have a terrible telephone voice, some people can't understand my broad Sheffield accent.

In case you are wondering what kind of phone I have, I have an iPhone 5S, but I'm planning on switching to an LG G5 because I like the modular concept.

I currently own an iPhone 6s+ and I love it.
Apple normally allows iPhones to receive at least 4 years of iOS upgrades (the highest amount of support in the industry).

My iPhone 4 was my first smartphone and that received support up to iOS8.
If I still had my iPhone 5S, it would be able to run iOS 10.

I only upgraded my iPhone 4s to 6 last year because I butterfingered it to the pavement and a spectacular shardy death, and needed an immediate replacement (I did break it open later, successfully replaced the screen, and let my son use it for games and emergencies). I've been incredibly happy with both, never a single issue. And it's a great, seamless companion to my Macbook, AirDropping content and answering messages with the full keyboard.

I only upgraded my iPhone 4s to 6 last year because I butterfingered it to the pavement and a spectacular shardy death, and needed an immediate replacement (I did break it open later, successfully replaced the screen, and let my son use it for games and emergencies). I've been incredibly happy with both, never a single issue. And it's a great, seamless companion to my Macbook, AirDropping content and answering messages with the full keyboard.
LOVE the airdropping and other features with OSX and Apple TV.
I love how Apple Products all work together...

I upgraded to a OnePlus 3t a couple of days ago after parts of my Xperia stopped working; sending text messages became unreliable. And while having a slow phone was somewhat of a novelty for me, I just wanted a faster phone, something I can capture photos and videos on in a quick time so I can capture the moment without it being blurry too.

I'm really liking this phone. I love being able to do the gestures on the screen when the screen is off, quickly playing music and getting to the camera is brilliant. I also get better signal on it and charging it is no hassle at all with the dash charger - 30 minutes for 60% of the battery is insane. Love it!

I just upgrade to an iPhone 7. The dual speaker sound is impressive for use as an alarm clock and for using as a loudspeaker for calls. And it is water resistant, I spilled heavy cream on my old phone and it was never the same.

In case you are wondering what kind of phone I have, I have an iPhone 5S, but I'm planning on switching to an LG G5 because I like the modular concept.
I have a modular phone - a Fairphone, which I was attracted to because of its environmental/ethical credentials. It's a shame there aren't that many other users, at least not where I live. I get the impression that there are far more active Fairphone communities in other countries. As it's my first ever smartphone I'm sure I would benefit from learning from others' experiences.
http://www.fairphone.com

Samsung Galaxy S6 (I got it from Best Buy for 1$ during a sale, Woo-Hoo) my son has the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and previously had the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids Edition (dude ran over it with a shopping cart wtf so now the screens broken so I claimed it as my own and got him a new one on a sale at Staples for 60$) and the laptop I'm on is a Samsung as well. I've had Samsung digital cameras and Samsung basic phones in the past, Samsung Juke was an absolute favorite of mine. I'm so obsessed with Samsung when my dad asked me to get him a new Dishwasher I got a Samsung. I totally need to get a Samsung TV next, lol.

I do not like apple products personally, I had an IPod once and it was nothing but a nightmare, it eventually even exploded, wth apple.

I had one LG smartphone once (Lucid 3) and it never worked right and constantly overheated and shut itself off, eventually it got destroyed and I barely cared it was such a hassle, though it was a bit annoying I didn't have a phone for 8 months until I got my Samsung at Best Buy for 1$.

Dudes got some Motorola phone now and hates it.

S7 too here. But feels sluggish after 1 year of use compared to out of the box (1 wipe after nougat update). Samsung Touchwiz and its successors don't have the reputation of being snappy and light. And I find the screen to be a tad too small. My next smartphone won't be a Samsung.

New Threads

Top Bottom