• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skipping classes

Can't you choose another degree next year? Try to contact your universtiy to choose something else than a medical degree?
No :D I study specifically at the medical university. Since I scored a lot of points for the exams, I study for free (the state pays for me). But if I am expelled from the university, then I will owe this money to the state for the entire period of study.
you dont want to work in that field?
Yes!
"I don't know, it'll come to me! Still got X years left!"
I also behave and think like you ... Parents consider me infantile for that. And not only parents, but all the people who surround me.

Yay! A person that thinks like me! Keep it up! Everyone around me thinks I'm various things like that about me too and tries to give advice or questions everything I do. Luckily I'm the type that instead of all this leading to self-doubt, I just become more self-assured out of spite! :D

I spent four years in uni and I tell you, those classrooms and lecture halls are always going to be packed with grey noise. People chattering nonstop thinking it's harmless background noise for everyone else.

For me, I didn't have the trust in my "classmates" that I dared to use earbuds, but if you can get through the course just reading the textbook and what they write on the board, do it.

Make lists or mindmaps to sort out your situation, find out what you want and what to do about it. Talk therapy is a possible solution, but there are others. Maybe what works for you is RET or art therapy or equine therapy or something else altogether. Maybe a combination. Drawing a bit every day can help even if you don't call it therapy.

Ylva said:
I spent four years in uni and I tell you, those classrooms and lecture halls are always going to be packed with grey noise. People chattering nonstop thinking it's harmless background noise for everyone else.

For me, I didn't have the trust in my "classmates" that I dared to use earbuds, but if you can get through the course just reading the textbook and what they write on the board, do it.

Even if I can hear much of the noise through (foam) earplugs, it's still really helping me if it's quieter, and it's sometimes even easier to listen overall since there is less to filter

New Threads

Top Bottom