• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sitting in the dark?

Aspergers_Aspie

When the autism charity drop in I attended was open, a service user in the winter, if a spare room was available would often sit in the dark, has anyone here ever enjoyed sitting in the dark?

I enjoy sitting in the dark. I tend to go towards darker parts of a room rather than lighter areas. It helps me desensitize and when I have light sensitivity from a headache it helps with that too sometimes as well.

At one job, sometimes I would just wander into the supply room, set the timer, and turn the light off. It's nice to take a time out from things.

When I'm at home I usually sit in the dark. It's very relaxing and I feel like I can focus on things better. There's not a bunch of extra information from everything around me, because I can barely see anything in my peripheral vision. lol

When I'm at home I usually sit in the dark. It's very relaxing and I feel like I can focus on things better. There's not a bunch of extra information from everything around me, because I can barely see anything in my peripheral vision. lol

In my current flat, the noises inside and outside of the block are disruptive and I find relaxing tricky. I was lucky in previous homes that they were quieter. I don't like the sensation of noise cancellation headphones and even if I could wear them I could potentially miss an important text or phone call.

When the autism charity drop in I attended was open, a service user in the winter, if a spare room was available would often sit in the dark, has anyone here ever enjoyed sitting in the dark?
Oh yes, one of my favourite things is the ensuite because there are no windows and it can be pitch black in there. Let's my eyes relax.

I have always enjoyed sitting either completely in a dark or dimly lit room at night by myself where no one is around me. It is in moments like that when i feel at my most relaxed and comfortable.

The water tanks that you submerge yourself in are popular for this reason. Like sitting in the womb. I love dark and alone. It's my MacHappy place minus the toy. This new place is way quieter. Thank god. To recharge, l need alone and less everything. As a senior citizen, l do way more of this so that l smile at my job and sincerely live in the present. lol

I'm kind of afraid of the dark, actually, so I'm going to have to say no. Dimly lit rooms have a sort of dreamlike effect that makes me a little nervous. Brightly lit rooms hurt my eyes. Calmly lit rooms are nice, but it's hard to explain what I mean by that.

But when I'm stressing out I find it helps to crawl under my weighted blanket, which is heavy enough to block out all the light. I can also take off my hearing aids to block out most of the sound, too. So that's something I do when I need to calm down, but I'm not good in dark rooms themselves.

New Threads

Top Bottom