• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Silly But Serious Question ; ]

I never get chance to show anyone. Even if I did, I'd probably be a bit begrudging about humiliating myself anyway.

So, I'm going to go all Mavis on you: "I don't really know".

I'm probably terrible, so if I'm at a group dance thing (club, wedding) I try to make my way in to the middle so nobody can really see what I'm doing, hah.

I use to be able to wind mill & back spin (break dancing) but only really slow dance. I started to get good at dancing moves on my bike and roller skates.
I plan to try roller skating again!:biggrin:

Well, I wouldn't say I'm on the spectrum (as of right now I don't know... though it's been suspected) but I'd like to say: I am such a mess. I have really weak legs, and am constantly flying through the air after simply walking a step, so... you can probably guess how I can't dance, right? xD
...that was also the reason PE teachers got mad at me.

At the rate I am getting in better shape maybe I will try doing those moves again:laugh:
Going to try the roller skating first & when I get a nice beach cruiser like the one I had as a kid I will stunt ride again.:D

As coordinated as I may be I still manage to nearly (always catch myself) trip over raised tree roots & pavement:laugh:
I am not always that graceful just manage to pull it off!:biggrin:

I can dance. It's sort of a fixation, and it makes me happy. My husband says I am a very good dancer. He is not, but we still dance together to happy mexican music when we get the chance. At least he can keep a beat and serve as an anchor.

My little girl can dance quite well, her teachers were so impressed by her natural flair for dancing they put her in higher level classes, they thought she must play an instrument as she has such a good ear for beats. She performed in the west end last weekend (UK's version of broadway) with her stage school and the production company/theatre staff were impressed with them all, they were the smallest group as well as the youngest but they performed brilliantly (both singing and dancing).

She did stand out slightly because she was tugging at her costumes quite alot, during the final song (a thousand years from the twilight movie) when they were supposed to be gracefully dancing in their little ballet shoes/tights etc she was tugging at her tunic/dress thing because the straps were annoying her, she managed to do it in an almost unoticeable way, as they were leaping through the air with their flower boquet extended she would quickly yank at the straps and when they were crouched down she would pull at her tights.

I am able to coordinate either the top half of my body, or the bottom half of my body, but not both. So dancing while seated i can do. Dancing while standing.... not so much.

:)

@ Poey: You ought to give River Dancing (Irish step dancing) a go: the top half of the body is usually stiff as a board with the arms straight down while the legs do all the work! If you wind up explaining to an EMT why your legs turned into a pretzel, just blame an Aspie named Soup for being a bad influence.

I can River Dance.
Forgot to mention I'm an ex-ballerina. So yeah I can dance to a degree. My ballet training has caused me to have a unique way of walking and posturing myself; I'm always posing.

@ Dizzy: That explains a lot: in all your photos you seem to have an almost otherworldly grace. I just appear to have this quality (IF you don't look too closely). It is an illusion created by the fact that I'm very short, very slim but with long limbs. If I were of a more average size, I'd be an awkward barreling clunky thing.

I've had success in ballet sort of dance, that involves great concentration on mastering ones muscle activity and that ought not to be exaggerated.

But I deeply suck at any other dances, be it jive, salsa, waltz, hip hop... No. - I never go clubbing either. Oh. And I once tried aerobics and fell. So.

Hahahaha...me?A good dancer? Yes,I am. But do I know any good moves? No. Thats my issue. Like,I enjoy dancing,but I don know how to dance without repeating the same steps over and over. I'm really into like modern type dance and stuff.

New Threads

Top Bottom