• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Should I pay £30 to have my CV (Americans call it a resume) professionally rewritten?

Qualifcations

City & Guilds Computer Programming (Miscrosoft Visual Basic 4)

Rich,

The proper thing to do is to apologize after you acknowledge that corrections are needed. Slow down and speak out each letter and you will find the two spelling errors.

Don't forget to apologize.

When reading, Our brains see the first and last letter of a word and fill in the rest. So you might not see the spelling errors unless you sound out each letter.

@Rich Allen I'm not randomly pointing out mistakes for fun. You posted your CV, I took the time to read it and give you feedback.

I really don't appreciate you insulting me, when I am merely trying to help you out, at your own request. And please, don't call me a liar.

@Rich Allen several people suggested you post your CV here in order to get constructive criticism and/or feedback. They are giving said help to you off their own backs, for free. Perhaps the best course of action would be to not jump down these peoples' throats and insult them? Spelling errors on a CV will get you overlooked in regards to most if not all job applications; anyone with an A in GCSE language should be able to spell or at least have the foresight to maybe press F7 on Microsoft Word before sending off their CV.

Yes, there are 2 tiny typos.

Qualifcations
Miscrosoft
Visual Basic 4

from this area>
upload_2017-8-14_17-10-2.png

I edited those on the new version of my CV.

And no, I am not uploading it.

Rich,
You give the impression of someone who is quite ungracious.

One hopes that any prospective employer does not get the same impression.

Of course, I could easily be mistaken in your opinion.

In terms of seeking employment and asking for advice on kt, it is not your opinion that matters the most.
That is,if the advice is sought from a position of homesty and integrity.

Creating a good impression is a vital transferrable skill in your working life, it is a shame to see such a lack of striving in that regard - in contrast to your striving for a job - for which you should rightly be commended.

I hope you're more pleasant when applying for jobs, @Rich Allen. Just in case you weren't aware, you're being very rude to the very people trying to help you. I understand that having your spelling mistakes pointed out isn't fun, I don't like making mistakes either. However, you did ask for help. Calling me names and then slinking off without an apology or a belated thank you, that's just not classy. If you feel like it's okay to behave like that because it's the internet, then fine, I'll just agree to disagree with you. However, if this is how you behave when interviewing or talking with coworkers/superiors as well, I think you might have to work on controlling your temper.

Rich,
You give the impression of someone who is quite ungracious.

One hopes that any prospective employer does not get the same impression.

Of course, I could easily be mistaken in your opinion.

In terms of seeking employment and asking for advice on kt, it is not your opinion that matters the most.
That is,if the advice is sought from a position of homesty and integrity.

Creating a good impression is a vital transferrable skill in your working life, it is a shame to see such a lack of striving in that regard - in contrast to your striving for a job - for which you should rightly be commended.

You criticise me for typos, then you write "in terms of seeking employment and asking for advice on kt."

People in glass Houses? :D

You criticise me for typos, then you write "in terms of seeking employment and asking for advice on kt."

Yes but @Fridgemagnetman isn't posting a CV on here, asking for advice/feedback and then being insulting and petty when they don't like what they hear. If you're going to continue to lash out at every person who offers the very same help that you yourself requested, then I'd advise that you either stop asking for help or alternatively grow up.

We wanted to help Rich.
By posting up C.V, I personally assumed you wanted to save thirty quid and accept any free help offered.
It made me happy to think you could save money because let's face it, none of us are loaded when looking for work.

I don't think anyone wanted to offend you Rich, just help a fellow Aspie ?
Good Luck with your updated C.V :)

I didn't 'criticise' you for the typos. I highlighted one of them while you were busy saying you didn't make mistakes..
You saw it as criticism-which is critical.

I've done similar to you in my past to people who were trying to help - I mean others not me!
A life lesson for me to change.
But I'm going to do what they did :)

Get a grip Rich. These people were trying to help you. Do you want to submit a CV with typos? Do you think a prospective employer will view them as "tiny little typos"? You were very rude to Bolletje. The community rallies to save you some cash and help you get a job, and you lash out? Think about it.

I think it's important things are spelled correctly. If words aren't spelled correctly it may look unprofessional to an employer.

I had my resume done by an employment counselor at the Autism society NL, she did me a professional resume that really outlined my qualifications and did it for free. I'm sure someone could do yours for you for free. No need to pay money for it.

New Threads

Top Bottom