• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensory overload, dreaming, or hallucination

="Rasputin, post: 676557, member: 23368"]It seems I have a number of sleep related issues that I have never discussed with a doctor. At this point I'm not sure it would be I'm my best interest, as I do not want to be further medicated.

" Its a good idea yes . and NOONE can force you to take any meds or do anything you dont whant to do."

I was diagnosed with both ASD and General Anxiety Disorder. Maybe the sleep issues are associated with Anxiety? I am not currently taking anything for anxiety. Maybe I should mention these issues in that context?

" Im not aware of sleeping disorders being part of anxiety but maybe :confused: "

Relative to sleepwalking? I've heard of people severely injuring themselves over unconsciously leaving one's home. Taking a step where there were no steps...:eek:

yes in more severe cases this have happend sadly BUT for some reason youre brain is in most cases still able to detect steps and so on when youre sleepwalking.

I have a very keen sense of hearing and I also hallucinate occasionally. It’s very confusing because I never know if the sound I’m hearing is real or not.

@Judge and @Sarah S, the mystery sound I posted about has been solved. When I got home this afternoon I heard the same sound coming from one of the Google Mini devices in our bedroom. When there is complete silence these devices go into a listening mode and makes a faint electronic sound. That nearly inaudible sound was sufficient to wake me from REM sleep, only my brain locked on to it and amplified the sound. My wife could.not hear anything.

There was a toy bear we had that used to pop off
saying things in the night. That was a little too surprising
so mom took the battery out.

="Rasputin, post: 676557, member: 23368"]It seems I have a number of sleep related issues that I have never discussed with a doctor. At this point I'm not sure it would be I'm my best interest, as I do not want to be further medicated.

" Its a good idea yes . and NOONE can force you to take any meds or do anything you dont whant to do."

I was diagnosed with both ASD and General Anxiety Disorder. Maybe the sleep issues are associated with Anxiety? I am not currently taking anything for anxiety. Maybe I should mention these issues in that context?

" Im not aware of sleeping disorders being part of anxiety but maybe :confused: "

Sleep Disorders | Anxiety and Depression Association of America, ADAA

@Judge and @Sarah S, the mystery sound I posted about has been solved. When I got home this afternoon I heard the same sound coming from one of the Google Mini devices in our bedroom. When there is complete silence these devices go into a listening mode and makes a faint electronic sound. That nearly inaudible sound was sufficient to wake me from REM sleep, only my brain locked on to it and amplified the sound. My wife could.not hear anything.

I see youre a very light sleeper like me,I also wake up VERY easy from what ever not usual sound .

Anyway glad thats been solved tho (the radio idea would probaly fix this problem ;) )

I see youre a very light sleeper like me,I also wake up VERY easy from what ever not usual sound .

Anyway glad thats been solved tho (the radio idea would probaly fix this problem ;) )

Yes, I played sounds of "rainfall," last night and slept great. Best night of sleep in at least five years.

This also proved the level of sensory overload I have from sound, due to ASD. I hear amplified electrical sounds that other people go not hear at all.

HAPPY it worked :) be it radio or recording same idea ;)

Sounds rough tho but at least now you have a way to deal with it :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom