• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensory comfort foods?

This is going to be weird but Nutter Butter(peanutbutter and marshmallow fluff on bread) is something that tend to be pleasing and calming for me. It's ironically the only time I prefer crunchy peanutbutter over creamy peanutbutter. The texture is so much more appealing.

Other than that. Hot drinks like hot chocolate, coffee, and tea tend to be my go to for calming me down. Actually, hot soup also fits there too.

Cold stuff like ice is actually uncomfortable for me. Cold drinks are not as uncomfortable, but they are not as calming either. Just kinda a medium ground enjoyment.
I love tea too ^^ I've tried other kinds of tea and coffee lately. I seem to be trying all kinds of things! I agree with cold stuff, I like myself something warm

Only one item could I so easily categorize as a "sensory comfort food". :)

It's 83 outside and 85 inside. I could sure use that Slurpee right now. ;)

Last edited:
One of my friends makes excellent magic indica brownies. Just one is enough. I wish I had one right now.

This is going to be weird but Nutter Butter(peanutbutter and marshmallow fluff on bread) is something that tend to be pleasing and calming for me. It's ironically the only time I prefer crunchy peanutbutter over creamy peanutbutter. The texture is so much more appealing.

Other than that. Hot drinks like hot chocolate, coffee, and tea tend to be my go to for calming me down. Actually, hot soup also fits there too.

Cold stuff like ice is actually uncomfortable for me. Cold drinks are not as uncomfortable, but they are not as calming either. Just kinda a medium ground enjoyment.
i realy like stuff like that but the sugar does not help me calm down

Peanuts!
I've found my handful of favorite foods in the world, I just eat different combinations of those every day. I kind of don't understand why anyone would eat anything else or complicate their lives by not just eating the same thing all the time lol

I don't like to eat junk food. But a cheese steak sub always makes me feel good. And I like spicy hot sauce on most things. So I have many flavors of hot sauce. And the post above reminded me peanuts too. Snack on them always.

New Threads

Top Bottom