• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Self introduction

ShostSaens

Hello everyone, nice to meet you. It's been a while I'm part of this community, but just now I decided to present myself.
I know I am neurodivergent because of my parents, they are psychologists. Since I was a child I have had a lot of interests; neuroscience, cosmology, cats, dragons, world-building, etc. (My passion right now is Baldur's gate 3)

I never had any kind of problem until I started university, I always knew I was different from others, but I noticed I have some social issues others do not have. I am high masking, so I always get very tired after interacting with people.

Sometimes, I feel upset when I want to hang out with others, but then stay silent while they talk and laugh, I just can't follow their conversation, I can't notice when is my turn to talk or I just do it when it is too late and nobody listen. This is the reason why I decided to join this community to find other people with the same problems as I. It makes me feel that I'm not alone and it's okey being different.

Thank you for reading :)

1709248507596.png

Hello everyone, nice to meet you. It's been a while I'm part of this community, but just now I decided to present myself.
I know I am neurodivergent because of my parents, they are psychologists. Since I was a child I have had a lot of interests; neuroscience, cosmology, cats, dragons, world-building, etc. (My passion right now is Baldur's gate 3)

I never had any kind of problem until I started university, I always knew I was different from others, but I noticed I have some social issues others do not have. I am high masking, so I always get very tired after interacting with people.

Sometimes, I feel upset when I want to hang out with others, but then stay silent while they talk and laugh, I just can't follow their conversation, I can't notice when is my turn to talk or I just do it when it is too late and nobody listen. This is the reason why I decided to join this community to find other people with the same problems as I. It makes me feel that I'm not alone and it's okey being different.

Hello
Nice to meet you too. I also love cats, dragons, world-building and most definitely Baldur's Gate 3 (though I am old and still have a soft spot for BG1 and BG2). Also high masking and get exhausted from social interaction.

It is ok to be different and you are not alone:)

Nice to make your acquaintance. Welcome to the forum. Your membership brochure will be sent out, and there are free donuts in our virtual lobby, but l can't find it. :)

Hello and welcome @ShostSaens.

Glad you decided to introduce yourself. Masking can be so tiring. It’s really nice when you find people with whom you can drop the mask. Hope you can find that here.

Hi and welcome! Cosmology and dragons are awesome, both passions of mine too (dragons more when I was young, but I still find them really cool).
Masking is so incredibly exhausting. I struggle less to blend in socially, but it wears me out nonetheless. After meeting someone for a few hours, it takes me days until I start feeling like I have some energy again. So, feel yourself virtually hugged, if that's something you like - we definitely understand.

Welcome! I agree with a previous poster. If you haven't played any of the previous versions of Baulder's Gate, you should check them out. BG2 will always be one of those games that lives in my memory. Good times. Anyway, welcome. :)

Welcome!!!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom