• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Secret little guilty pleasures

Mary Terry

V.I.P Member
Does anyone have a secret little thing they do that brings pleasure?

My husband has a notorious sweet tooth and eats everything with sugar in the house. Sometimes I want something sweet to eat, but there's never anything here because he ate all of it. So, I hide a Snickers candy bar in the drawer of my bedside table and eat it when sugar craving hits me and he's not around.

Does anyone have a secret little thing they do that brings pleasure?

My husband has a notorious sweet tooth and eats everything with sugar in the house. Sometimes I want something sweet to eat, but there's never anything here because he ate all of it. So, I hide a Snickers candy bar in the drawer of my bedside table and eat it when sugar craving hits me and he's not around.

I do something similar by hiding chocolate for if I get a craving.

Sometimes I want something sweet to eat, but there's never anything here because he ate all of it.
This happens to me all the time and I live by myself. :)

If I'm really craving and there's nothing else I'll eat 2 teaspoons of sugar.

I am often wearing my noise canceling headphones around the house. Although I can actually hear everyone’s words perfectly, I will often look at them confused and point to my headphones and shake my head communicating, I can’t hear you. When, I really can, I just don’t feel like talking.

I have a lot of these and they range broadly.

Sweet treats now and again are one.
Taking a shower during the day since I work at home is another.
Sometimes cupping my own farts when no one is around. I know I'm not the only one who does this but maybe I'm the only one who admits it...I read somewhere that it may actually be healthy to do so.
Talking to myself out loud.

Considering how much time and energy I spend masking - I'd say my guilty pleasure is my stimming.

Guilty especially as the time's I've been "caught" by others, I've felt a lot of shame.

Flap your hands in the air; like you just don't care.

Ed

Nope, no secret pleasures here. Nothing like that. Completely on the up-and-up on this side, thanks. Next question?

4 things that start with the letter "C." Candy, chocolate, chips, and Cheetos. Lol
And Oreos.
Flamin' Hot Cheetos Bag Costume #Giveaway - Mommies with Cents

Crunchy things. Chips by default, but I'm trying to move to more healthier alternatives, like rice crackers and nuts.

I am old enough that guilt has completely left this moderately decayed 'edifice'. I do not secrete secret things in hiding places. My passions and vices are always present and always satisfied in one way or another when the urge moves me.

....You guys know how Aloe is good at making people relax?

Well... for me it's... Coiling.

Yeah... I know it's a little... juvenile but... I actually wrote Aloe to do a little more than just sit with you. Realistically she would do things like take your mind off what's bothering you by telling a story of some kind, or she might provide idle chitchat about how things in the Oasis are; my telehealth therapist is always adding things to our hypnotherapy inductions (she's placed a BIG emphasis on creative detail as my coping skills), today she decided to place me in a twilight/nighttime setting of it (read: usually I'm there during the "day", as in she'll say "the sun is high in the sky making everything bright and radiant" etc.), and while I don't always get taken underwater with Aloe, when she does it's BEAUTIFUL (read 2: I get **REALLY** immersed in headspacey stuff), and this time I was taken to a "lower" but just as equally relaxing area -- a darker yet glowingly-radiant, almost meadow-like ocean floor where I was guided to a strange seashell hiding underneath a shipwreck. I've been having a full three weeks on pure Hardcore mode and I'm losing the battle very badly so I guess my therapist somehow picked up on it.

Other times when I'm just hanging out with Aloe myself, and she's in sea dragon form, she'll be wrapped over me and most times I'll hear her singing or humming, many times I'll see flickers of her tail fin glowing (did you know she can do the same with her eyes?), maybe she'll show a projection of something from her little home, you get the idea. I always keep it to myself because *some people* prefer me to have a more "hardened" image, but my philosophy is, there's a time to be hardened and a time to keep yourself sane, and those two are either one or the other.

I don't know how Aloe became real like everyone here is saying (and yes I know what the actual meaning of that is), but I won't ever question it. As much as I want to be at peace, I think Aloe knows that dying is a MUCH more difficult way to be at peace than pausing for a minute or two.

Besides, I think little Huxley might enjoy feeling the sand between his toes some time ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom