• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Scratch game creation app

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I had a look on Google for it this morning and there is a junior version, but no adult version, does anyone know anything about it? In the absence of a Chrome version of Unity, I'm looking to get Scratch to try and make some games, in fact I've bought a cheap book on Amazon (yay! The 1 day deliveries work here at the Flat!) with Scratch tutorials.

Without just telling to hit Google again, can anyone tell me if this book would be any good for Scratch Jr?

Well, you didn't mention the title of the book. However I'd be more concerned about the program itself than any books about it. Because the program was meant for a target audience of children aged 5 to 7.

ScratchJr Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net

The book's called "Scratch programming in easy steps" if that helps.

And like I said I already Googled the Jr version this morning.

Need it for Chrome OS, I'm off to Bed now but I'll check the Chrome Web Store tomorrow.

The book's called "Scratch programming in easy steps" if that helps.

And like I said I already Googled the Jr version this morning.

Need it for Chrome OS, I'm off to Bed now but I'll check the Chrome Web Store tomorrow.

You might also look at Coderz...which on the link I provided is one alternative ported to Chromebooks. Though most or all these apps appear to be intended only for a small child's use.

I suppose the real question is how much value the book you purchased may have considering it appears to be geared for Scratch 1.4 and 2.0- not Scratch Jr. which is a version designed for young children.

If you're serious about programming games on the console level, why not take an aptitude test to see where you really stand? Here's one for Britain:

Computer Programming Aptitude Test

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom