• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Scary video games...

I don't normally find horror films or games all that scary. Sometimes jumpy, but then sudden loud noises will make me jump anyway. However, I recently invested in an Oculus Rift VR set and <insert lengthy cursing here> the horror games give me near heart attacks! On one of them I couldn't get out of the damn starting room for days because it felt so realistic! In the end I just closed my eyes and ran for it! I've never had that with 2D gaming before. If anyone here enjoys being terrified out of their minds, I would strongly recommend saving up and getting VR. It will ruin you! Watching VR games on Youtube are not the same as actually experiencing them. Especially when you are playing solo in an empty house at night!

Farcry is my kind of scary game,especially because of how crazy it is with this item that you can throw called bait,because once it`s thrown,be somewhere else :sweatsmile:.

Last edited:
Resident Evil 7, but specifically when played in VR (I don't know if the PC version supports VR but the PlayStation 4 version does). I don't mean to sound like VR has spoiled me, but my first playthrough was in VR and I enjoyed it so much that I refuse to play it without VR, because I can't imagine it living up to that experience and being anywhere near as scary.
I'm going to start Resident Evil 8 soon since I got it as a birthday gift, but I had actually avoided buying that game for myself just because it lacks VR support. I expect a couple of cheap jump scares from it at the very least.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood on PSVR was another good one, but it's a short game and once you've beaten it you'll know what to expect, so the scares might not get you the second time (but you can say that about most horror games).

I have been playing Lust From Beyond on Steam. It has been giving me some seriously strong Clive Barker vibes. It definitely is not a game for anyone under the age of 18, though.

I am not a big fan of RE8 like some people are, but I am curious about the DLC that Capcom has planned.

They announced it 7 months ago at E3. I think they are going the RE7 route with a 9 month long waiting period. So it will probably be released in the spring, like how in 2017, there was a major delay.

I don’t really play scary video games l the closest I’ve been to are Telltales Walking Dead games, Bioshock and Bendy and the ink machine.

I wish Konami would sell the licenses for their franchises to someone else.

Silent Hill is one of the best survival horror franchises of all time, but the series has gone nowhere in around 10 years. The one that Hideo Kojima worked on never got finished, as he fell out with Konami, then departed from the company, and the game was ultimately axed. The renowned demo gets instantly erased if you update a console with the P.T. demo on it.

It's sad. Team Silent however, did the bulk of the work from 1999 up to 2004, and yet people online assume it was Hideo Kojima. It really wasn't. Even years before his involvement, the series had other developers doing their own take on it. So in a way, I feel that Kojima is very overrated.

New Threads

Top Bottom