• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Saying hello

Amyk

Hi,
So, I've finally gotten around to posting here- never been much of a contributor to forums and such. Anyhow, I'm Amy, 42, and I was unofficially diagnosed with Aspergers a little over two years ago (I say unofficially because although this person is a mental health professional, she's not technically in a position to provide an official diagnosis).

At the moment I'm married with two great kids but my husband and I are in the process of getting a divorce so a lot will be changing soon. My husband I knows about the Aspergers and says he gets it but I get the feeling that he thinks that I'll just snap out of it someday, that if I just stop over thinking things then the spontaneity and level of emotional connection that he's looking for will somehow develop. He's read certain articles about the condition but only over the past few months- almost no effort over the past two years to educate himself.

I don't know- I've accepted the idea of divorce, recognized both our parts in this but still get these flashes of wanting to throw things. Still, trying to hope for the best. Guess that's all for now - thanks for listening!

upload_2019-6-14_17-41-56.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

And a lot of people here are Self Diagnosed (or "Unofficially" as you put it), myself included. All are welcome here, so you have nothing to worry about.

Hi Amy. Im self diagnosed and in the process of divorce too. Buy cheap dishes from Goodwill for throwing, but not at anyone. Very satisfying. Especially bowls for some reason.

Hi Amyk and welcome. Been there - more than once, but without knowing about the autism. But now I know that I always would have been better off alone.
Also, a hammer to maybe a framed picture may help. I didn't feel angry during my divorce so didn't need to do that - I was more relieved and finally felt free and could breathe again. I did do the hammer to the picture thing with siblings and it felt great. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom