• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Saw the neurologist, and had a talk with my psychiatrist

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
Hi everyone earlier this week I have a neurologist appointment I have been taking propranolol 40 mg at night for migraine prevention and it has been working pretty well I went only gonna major migraine one or twice a month and I am some other migraine during the week sometimes like a typical headache twice a week maybe I'll talk to him and he said they don't need to see him for a year just to take the propananol.

I had a phone appointment with my psychiatrist and my uncle chimed in a bit too I think he is very pleased with me. I talked about the side effects anyways He said it should work itself out because earlier I would take my medicine at 8:00 PM and then I would wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to sleep the rest of the night now I am going to bed around 10 10:30 or so and I wake up mostly at a typical time in the morning so he will monitor and I told him what was going well he seemed happy for me My uncle asked him questions which he answered and then he said I could see him in a month
I asked him if this is someone for my focus and he said yes he said some other stuff I don't quite remember but I'm glad I stuck with this medication. And gave it a try, even though I wanted to try something else at first It seems to be helping me.

Thanks to everyone who saw and answered my previous thread

I have to give you credit Jen, no matter how much nasty stuff you have to endure, you still remain hopeful for a brighter future.

Keep hittin' it hard kid, you got this!

This is good to hear. Glad you have a good medical professional to work with you and figure out what's best. It can take a little time, but you got through it.

Happy holidays to you. :)
And your family.

Glad to hear this medication suits you and helps, you did well to persevere with it, well done! It's good that your sleep pattern has adjusted to it. Good progress! Thanks for keeping in touch here, I like to read your posts. I hope your holiday plans go well.

Have you ever tried triptans? I used to get regular migraines and if I took one the moment the aura came - it'd nullify a good 80-90% of the head pain that came with the migraine

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom