• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resources if lost job

Kayla55

Plan to survive, find another job. Need guidelines about holding down jobs.
At least below is a place to go if you ever find you out of luck

This was always a ongoing concern, and at some point, l had enough jobs, that l have a tab more confidence in myself.

Once I found my career choice (computers) suddenly life became better since many of problems of my first failed job attempts were replaced with better working conditions.
But issues will always come up, for me my family couldn't afford to support me forever so I had them there to help out but I had pressure forcing me to toughen up, and I did.
There was times I wanted to leave but the thought of loosing my paycheck was incentive to tug along. I even tried searching for another job before leaving. Then the memory of loosing a good job and feeling afterwards was bad, I'd think of work, I'd still read my emails and feel I wasn't performing.
So hanging on through a few issues was better worth the feeling of leaving my job!!

But if you still starting out or working your way in, always good to get advice on the big picture and realise I just have to at politics and put up a good performance.

Learning hard lessons in life about toughening up sounds harsh, but I realised at hardest times in my life I was resilient and executed necessary skill development to ace the interview after taking tips about this.
I think the time I was evicted for not paying rent was driving force that told me you never going through this again.
I stayed at backpacker one time, it was difficult as so many people around and I'm always running short on small talk but I was there for interview and ended up staying on when other guests left, the pressure was there to pay my way, mostly I loved the job and just had to navigate some hurdles. By pay day I was already looking for a room in commune and was back on track. (Younger years)

New Threads

Top Bottom