• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relaxing keyboard music

Joel's Hear

I'm here, at least for now
You could call this unique version of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" my greatest musical composition. Just because it relaxes me yet stimulates me. It's just where I am in my life. I have no idea. It's certainly not my best played song so don't think it is. But it guides me in a dark time, kind of like the lighthouse on my desktop wallpaper should be doing but isn't.

My wife thinks the end is funny yet it was shocking to me.

Very nice! I didn't realize you played the keyboard! Nice to see you again, it's been a while :)

I also enjoy playing the keyboard to relax and feel happy. I have an old church hymnal and I like playing the really old songs. Like from 200 a.d. through 1600. They're so beautiful.

Heres a nice relaxing keyboard song for you :
I've never listened to the Cure much, but this song is great. It definitely has the mellow I look for in rock these days. I listen to mainly rock, Christian music, and rap music. Strange mix.

Very nice, @Joel's Hear. I have no musical ability at all, and I'm always impressed by people who can do something I can't.

I would call your work a fugue on Mary Had a Little Lamb.
Thank you. I believe a fugue would be the correct term, but I'm mainly self taught only having taken one college course on music history (along with two semesters of classical guitar). It is nice that you are impressed by people who can do things they can't. I get a ridiculous amount of hate sometimes when I'm on a savant roll. It's true that having autism spectrum disorder helps me with playing, but it's not like a minor skill offsets much the sheer misery of having the plethora of stimuli issues I have. For real, I hear pitches differently and volumes two or three times as loud as a NT. It is often absolute hell. Skin-tingling sensations too. It's often hard being an autistic person like me, facing a double standard.

That was the most rocking Mary had a little lamb I've ever heard. I kept worrying you were going to hit your head on the garage door opener. You must be pretty dang tall. I am also similar with sounds, some are downright painful. Especially high pitched ones for me.

That was the most rocking Mary had a little lamb I've ever heard. I kept worrying you were going to hit your head on the garage door opener. You must be pretty dang tall. I am also similar with sounds, some are downright painful. Especially high pitched ones for me.
It is hell for me to walk into a fast-food restaurant and hear the high-pitched beeps. Dental drills are the worst, because pain is included in the sound...

It's good enough for government work, but a lunar eclipse away from perfect.

Or accurate to the actual song... :)

Good work! It's hard to do without all the other instruments and effects I'm sure. impressive that you know all these songs. I used to have a good memory for music too, but am losing it because I don't play anymore. You are inspiring me to get a keyboard!

Ground control to Major Tom...
One of my favourites.
Rather like life as I drift on just spinning in my tin can...
Majortom.jpg

You could call this unique version of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" my greatest musical composition. Just because it relaxes me yet stimulates me. It's just where I am in my life. I have no idea. It's certainly not my best played song so don't think it is. But it guides me in a dark time, kind of like the lighthouse on my desktop wallpaper should be doing but isn't.

My wife thinks the end is funny yet it was shocking to me.

I want to put this on an hour or two loop and fall asleep to it haha.

New Threads

Top Bottom