• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

regrets

I met a service user at the 2022 Christmas party run by the autism charity I attend. I didn't really chat to her when I was introduced to her. But nine days ago I had been and things were going well. But then I started to regret some things and ideally would have been different on occasions I was with her. I hope I haven't upset her.
Can you get back in touch with her in any way.
It's easy to regret what we said at the time, hindsight is 20-20 vision.

If she attend the drop-in again, I hope she does, If I never saw her again I would feel very sad indeed!! If we just remain friends that is very good!! and if we form a relationship one day that would be very good!! I hope she doesn't misunderstand me (and that no one mis-understands me in general, I feel on occasions that happens). And I hope that if it's appropriate to chat to her I do and if I should not chat to her too much if she feels overwhelmed potentially I don't.

If she attend the drop-in again, I hope she does, If I never saw her again I would feel very sad indeed!! If we just remain friends that is very good!! and if we form a relationship one day that would be very good!! I hope she doesn't misunderstand me (and that no one mis-understands me in general, I feel on occasions that happens). And I hope that if it's appropriate to chat to her I do and if I should not chat to her too much if she feels overwhelmed potentially I don't.
Best of luck with it.

No regrets. I always make the best decision at that time, based on who I was/am at that time and based on my thoughts and feelings at that time, realizing that one step back can mean two steps forward, and one step forward can mean two steps back later .Life has a way of working things out for those who learn and get stronger from their choices and experiences, and for those who don't get too high for good things and too down for bad things. Maybe that is why I appear and feel static for most things, so as I can live and not just survive in a world that otherwise would likely provide me more pain than pleasure.

I have many but I am trying not to think about them as much and try to move on and work on things. I remember seeing a quote about regret, that if you haven’t had a life of regrets, then you haven’t lived.

If your anything like me, you only have feelings for one person. Pain and sadness can come in different forms. But my advice is to give 100 percent to a friendship of the person you have feelings for/love, or the regrets are almost unbearable. If you don't become partners you have an amazing friendship.

There's another service user, the most beautiful women not just looks wise and the most amazing woman! I met her at the drop in Christmas party. I wish I had danced with her at a music event held in a library! She showed me her photos. I wish I had took better care of my photo album!

I regret moments where my nervous system was on overload and I caused people distress. Mainly my girlfriend at the time in college, who had to deal with me at my worst (shut-down, being withdrawn, being emotionally distant). I regret acting out due to fixations of various kinds, and enabling myself to fall into my brain in terms of fantasies. I regret how I acted that one time where I had to pick her up but her parents wouldn't communicate when we'd all meet up, so I was in anxiety all day til the rendezvous. That time and many others exemplify when I was monstrous.

I regret a lot! not trying harder not to be in a bad mood if someone being rude put me in a bad mood on my way to the autism charity drop ins I attended. I think a woman may have liked me, I have a crush on her, her personality and looks, she let me play games on her phone, she helped me with candy crush on the pc I was using, she eat a meal next to me, we done a jigsaw puzzle together.
I'm not sure I relate or understand. 'Being in a bad mood'--I think, if some folks are in a bad mood, why is it skin off my teeth? Granted, I work in customer service, so we aren't allowed to 'being in a bad mood.' We're people, not robots; if one shouldn't expect customers to always be happy, then why 'expect' the same from employees?

Nobody is entitled to the good emotions from someone else.

It might not seem like it, but regret is a very positive thing. It means you can look back and recognize when you got something wrong, and how, and are learning from it.

Nobody is perfect, and we all get things wrong. It's unfortunate when that causes problems to others as it sometimes will, but striving to be a better you as a result is a sign of maturity and growth.

I don't know if this will become a repeating thing because i'm 17 but, here's what happened in a nutshell. I liked a girl, was romantically attracted to her; but i never had the courage or whatever to really talk with her about this. (actually talking about anything with her was an mission impossible for me as things stand.) I had 9 whole months to talk with her but i never did, i wasn't able to do it. And in June, it was the last at school and i saw her for the last time. As you guess, i couldn't talk to her that day as well.

During these 9 months, we had social interactions. But when these were happening, i was never able to understand them. Never been able to see what she was trying to do or what should have i done. Here is an simple example. She says she can't see the board from her desk and she wants to sit with me during the math class. I get frustrated when she talks to me, just being able to say, "Yeah, sure.". Trough the math class, i'm completely numb, like my brain is empty, i can't focus to the class, i can't focus on my own feelings, i can't read anyone's facial expression. Class ends, i go to the home and boom! It all hits me in the face; "she showed her interest!", "of course she could see the board from her desk!", "i should've talked to her!" But next day, nothing changes i'm the same empty brained idiot. I start to think like, "was it all in my head or something?" Long story short, i feel bad for missing to opportunity to connect. İ'm getting disappointed.

And now, i'm experiencing the ultimate disappointment. "I will never see her again!", "I missed the opportunity!"

Now it's al blurry for me. Did she really like me, or did ı have an imaginary relationship with her? I do regret.

Friendships can just stay friendships but if they turn out to be relationships, it can happen by naturally happening or someone can ask someone on a date, or maybe for a coffee or maybe would you like to go a walk if the person likes walking.the woman I like loves walking

Not everyone gets the opportunity to be friends with the person they love. And who knows maybe be able to be in a relationship with the person you love.
If you don't take every opportunity to be the best of friends and if you do anything to jeopardize the friend ship I think it can be the most upsetting experience and you don't want to risk upsetting your love

I just dont want to know if she dates anyone that would make me really sad! but whatever she does in life I always want her to be really happy!

New Threads

Top Bottom