• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Recommend a Tool Set

A drill press. Now that's one tool on a very small scale that I wish I had. And a scaled down, but heavy drill press vise to go with it. As I recall, Dremel had such a device. Just never got around to acquiring one I guess. :oops:

Though I haven't been involved in my plastic modelling hobby in some time. Not sure I'll ever be involved in it again like I was in the past. In the meantime I still enjoy an occasional trip to Harbour Freight Tools just to see what's out there.

But pay serious attention to what @Nitro had to say about this retailer. If you're into things like auto mechanics or machining processes, you should look elsewhere for higher quality tools. That place is fine for household or hobby considerations, but not for tools requiring a considerable amount of torque and quality metals. Something that left an indelible impression on me as I once saw a friend snap a wrench in two while working on his '67 Firebird.

Years ago when I still worked on my MGB and MG Midget most of the tools I used were from Craftsman or Stanley. Now made in China, but from what I understand the quality control is still there.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom