• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Received a denial on my reconsideration for Social Security disability benefits

Andrew206

My letter states in part that the available evidence demonstrates my conditions may limit my ability to perform some types of work, but not all types of work. The letter also says I can perform work without extensive training or social interaction. Also, Social Security doesn’t have enough information to determine if I can do any of the work I’ve done in the past, but the evidence shows I can do other types of work.

Now I need to find a lawyer who will hopefully take my case. I’m hoping for the best!

I'm surprised that you didn't get one in the first place. You almost always need a lawyer to get anywhere with the SSA.

By any chance, are you looking for work and would you be willing to move if you ended up with a FT job?
This would also mean that you would not be on your SSA, but since you aren't on it right now anyway, it could be a positive change in a different direction if given the opportunity. . .

By any chance, are you looking for work and would you be willing to move if you ended up with a FT job?
This would also mean that you would not be on your SSA, but since you aren't on it right now anyway, it could be a positive change in a different direction if given the opportunity. . .
I’m looking for work. I would move if I have the right opportunity.

Everyone gets denied. Getting denied is actually good. You get backpay.

Reapply and reapply and reapply and reapply and reapply and finally you get approved.

You get backpay retroactive to the date that you first applied. So, a lot of people end up with over 10,000 dollars in their bank account once they're finally approved.

Have fun with your crazy checks. Don't forget to reapply!

Now I need to find a lawyer who will hopefully take my case. I’m hoping for the best!
See my blog post, Autlanders, Thriving Outside of the Box: Finding Support Resources in the USA...

I am physically able to work (and everyone involved in my case knows that). Social Security forms aren't geared toward social disability. That is where my attorney stepped in.

SSDI lets you work part-time. I was delivering free papers for 13.5 years until that job ended earlier this year.

Last edited:
Also, you're allowed to work if you're on SSI or SSD, you can get like $1200 a month without them taking any of it away from your benefits. It's called the "Ticket to Work" program.

But just so you know, I have SSI, and they at first said I might be able to work, so I reapplied. They had me do a several hour psych eval (which was really really fun actually) that they paid for. And it was determined that I'm totally disabled.

So like I said before, Reapply, and Reapply, and Reapply, and Reapply, and eventually you'll get a sweet backpay. You can use it for a downpayment on a car, house, or trip to Disney.

Backpay and Crazy Checks, it's pretty nice to know that you're taken care of if you're disabled.

Lucky you... i had to go before a magistrate and i wasn't prepared for it at all. Definitely need a lawyer from the start. The government will try as much as possible to make sure that you get rejected... They aren't even the nicest about it. My social worker showed up 20 minutes late, imagine how i felt. :/

New Threads

Top Bottom