• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reasons to live?

To be honest I was never like this in the past, you all have pretty good attitudes.
I was like too no matter what try to persist.
It is people who have tried to kill this out of me.
I have a hard enough time each day without listening to naysayers
It is hard...yet again I having a really hard time.
It is no matter how bad your struggles just focus on something you enjoy and get out of bed.
But lately I am struggling to even want to be alive for people who deceive me and are nasty to me.

1. Curiosity. Life is always fascinating upon analysis. We don't know what life is, and anything might happen, including good things.

2. The pleasure of wise and moderate living. A little pleasure is better than too much.

3. Spending time with loved ones who understand me.

4. Hobbies. Passions that give more than they take from me.

5. We are alive today. We might as well live it.

For me? One word... Curiosity

A term related to how I interact with the world around me, particularly through my photography, but also in everything I do

I’ve made so much positive progress by helping myself and others. I’m a happier persons that lives in the moment. I choose to keep going because I know things will get better.

There were times in past when I didn't think it was worth it to continue. I always came out of it but depression is a real thing and especially for people who've experienced so much acrimony against us, even hatred at times. The things people suggest to do often don't help much, but it helps that people say the suggestions. I do have to say I am so glad I didn't give up and each time of not giving up makes me stronger. Just don't give up.

There were times in past when I didn't think it was worth it to continue. I always came out of it but depression is a real thing and especially for people who've experienced so much acrimony against us, even hatred at times. The things people suggest to do often don't help much, but it helps that people say the suggestions. I do have to say I am so glad I didn't give up and each time of not giving up makes me stronger. Just don't give up.
People don't even have to offer good or valid advice, as long as they are trying, and not sweeping you in the leg with their superiority.

I need to talk to my doctor, depression like this coming out of nowhere is a sign of mental health issues, and there are healthy solutions out there.

If I am feeling listless and low on hope, what I usually need most is a litre of water to catch up on my hydration. Then I have to remember to keep drinking more than I want.

Escapism is a crap reason to live, I am now realizing.

What are your reasons to keep going on?
Escapism is also a crap reason to not live. When you think about it, suicide is the ultimate escapism. Only more permanent. We have seen you like this before, and you always managed to find the strength to pull yourself out. In fact, I think you are one of our better success stories. We are all pulling for you.

Starting before age nine, and for more than 20 years, I woke up nearly every morning trying to find a reason to not kill myself that day, and usually failing. The only reason I am still alive today is that I could not find a proper way to do it. I finally got the help I needed. I still sometimes get "The Thought," but not in any serious way. I know there are things that still need to be done, and I am the only one who can do them. You have mentioned several things you want to do or see get done. The only way for these things to happen is for you to do them. If you pursue the ultimate escape, they will never be done the way you want.

I’ve lived that question for most of my life. So I’ll speak my piece. For me it is to ascribe to a higher honor a better ideal than myself or the selfishness of the world. Live for the little man who may need a small act of kindness from you. Live for the children you may one day comfort or protect. Live for a person to who you and only you can provide the happiness and love that only a lover can be.

Too many great movies I have not watched yet.

Too many good times with my long distance friends still to be savored.

And even though I am depressed, I am working in a field where I help to make a positive difference in the lives of families in crisis, and I have to remember that I am important to that organization and act accordingly.

I continue on because l wouldn't want to make anybody happy by leaving. Lol
My haters aren't going to get that. Plus l need to know what happens in the next chapter. My life has been a continuous cliffhanger. I have too many questions, what will happen next?
Some people enjoy the roller coaster and some can't cope with the stress. How does one learn to laugh instead of scream?

We all end up in the same place. It is the trip that leaves us guessing.

I get by with doing things I enjoy.

The past doesn't matter. It's just a memory, usually a faulty one. People like to fret over ghosts.

Happiness is a bad target for life. In the here and now, live in moderation. That includes moderation in that moderation. Strive for contentment spiced up with occasional craziness.

The future is not mine to see. I do what I can to make sure I have one and to keep it interesting. In the end, I have little control over anyone else and worrying definitely won't improve the future at all.

Que sera sera.

Last edited:
Why the word curiosity? Like this... A walk through a local park today, something I thought I saw a few weeks back, I just had to track it down... And I found what I was looking for today...

Curiosity... Exploring life... One pond hockey scene, in a rather hidden little spot in a city of 1.3 million people, likely only the locals in that area go there... That is why I'm curious! And that pretty much keeps me going...

Pond Hockey 01.jpg

Why the word curiosity? Like this... A walk through a local park today, something I thought I saw a few weeks back, I just had to track it down... And I found what I was looking for today...

Curiosity... Exploring life... One pond hockey scene, in a rather hidden little spot in a city of 1.3 million people, likely only the locals in that area go there... That is why I'm curious! And that pretty much keeps me going...

View attachment 125515
That's the same thing that keeps me hiking down a trail I've never been on before. It keeps me following science and current events. Not worried about where it will take me, just wondering what I'll encounter along the way.

I wonder if curiosity is inherited or if we can learn it. It certainly offers up a lot of enjoyment if one has it.

kino.jpg

That's the same thing that keeps me hiking down a trail I've never been on before. It keeps me following science and current events. Not worried about where it will take me, just wondering what I'll encounter along the way.

I wonder if curiosity is inherited or if we can learn it. It certainly offers up a lot of enjoyment if one has it.

View attachment 125516

Some of both... I have walked and photographed along the same street in downtown on a regular basis since 2007... There is a curiosity there even in the routine, what I might encounter...

I am also curious to explore new things and places as well, as per my previous comment, heck I'm kicking myself why I have never seen this little used area of a very popular local park, probably because it's on the other side of a bridge...

I get by with doing things I enjoy.

The past doesn't matter. It's just a memory, usually a faulty one. People like to fret over ghosts.

Happiness is a bad target for life. In the here and now, live in moderation. That includes moderation in that moderation. Strive for contentment spiced up with occasional craziness.

The future is not mine to see. I do what I can to make sure I have one and to keep it interesting. In the end, I have little control over anyone else and worrying definitely won't improve the future at all.

Que sera sera.

Whatever will be will be....
Unless it's you doing it to someone else, in which case, it's you doing whatever the heck you want...

Enjoying my writing project. Walking outdoors in the little ancient fields. People and animals I care about. There are new, placid white cows in the grazing field. It's near spring and planting time. Planting and growing on my allotment.

New Threads

Top Bottom