• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reasons to live?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Escapism is a crap reason to live, I am now realizing.

What are your reasons to keep going on?

I continue on because l wouldn't want to make anybody happy by leaving. Lol
My haters aren't going to get that. Plus l need to know what happens in the next chapter. My life has been a continuous cliffhanger. I have too many questions, what will happen next?

Come on man that would be a total waste of 700 dollars. Think about your fancy bifocals and transition tinted lenses. Some wastoid will pick them up in a GoodWill for five bucks.

Resumé
By Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967)

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Source: The Portable Dorothy Parker (Penguin Books, 2006)

What are your reasons to keep going on?

- Bad feelings change... sometimes things get better. Feelings go up and down forever.

- Connection to one who is alive... maybe it's a dog, the squirrels in the forest, a human friend, a partner, a forum full of people.

- Small pleasures... coffee, a great movie, something delicious, a quiet moment in the sunshine, the sound of the rain

- Curiosity and amazement... there is SO much I don't understand yet, I want to know more

- We are all dying anyway... premature death can be tempting, but it will come eventually regardless. I might as well stick around until Death takes me.

Thinking about lonely hill thread but afterwards.
What came to mind was vanishing/disappearing people of Japan and facing demons alone...

So I think this can explain suicide

New cosmetic products to buy
New tv shows to watch
New books to read

I might also start writing or return to drawing someday. And it might make me happy.

New cosmetic products to buy
New tv shows to watch
New books to read

I might also start writing or return to drawing someday. And it might make me happy.
Did the real world also interrupt your passions, being told to get a job.
Juggling responsibilities and trying to focus after work, trying switch on/off

Must say the one thing about getting older that perk is experience and how I think my writing has come along way in sense of content.

Keep going mate,your posts and film reviews make this forum an even better place for me personally to be.take each day 1 day at a time

I was bad girl when I was younger and from time to time my attitude problem comes back. I'd love to help you deal teasing, I grew up in bitchiest places but I was bad news and turned my life around. I call it self defence classes but not martial arts...

Hope. The belief that the future might be better and that I have some say in it. But mostly a sense of FOMO and practical things. Who would take care of my high-energy, unhinged pup? I wasted a lot of time not understanding myself even though I thought I was an expert on myself. The more I learn the better I am. So if I keep learning, including by reading about other people here, I should be better off in the future, right?

Last edited:
I'm not finished with this life yet, too many things to do and experience, I want to see my child grow up, maybe get grandchildren, I want to get my life in order, finish my projects, smell the summer rain, happy dance, enjoy listening to the music, watch the birds in my garden, learn to bake new kinds of cakes, sit on a bench looking over the water, fix my marriage or get out of it, dream, get a good nights sleep, make jigsaws, make dioramas, play, laugh, smile - there are plenty of things I want to do in my life :)

Because you have a whole eternity to be dead, so you might as well use this life up to the fumes.

Here's an idea. If you're absolutely at the point where there really is no reason to carry on, then you also have nothing to lose. Short of getting yourself in a situation where you're imprisoned or similar, the worst that can happen is you end up in the situation where you have nothing to live for. That means you can go for it. Why not? Either you're mistaken that there's nothing to lose and you have something worth living for, or you have no boundaries left to prevent you going out and doing whatever the hell you please.

Because the world has become so crazy that unaliving myself would mean that I don't get to stick around to see just how much more crazy it will get. A global plague, food shortages, multiple disasters and all in three years. I want to see where the final doom will come from.

This subject makes me think of the 1999 rap song "24 Hours To Live" by a rapper named Ma$e (can't post due to usual language issue). The whole idea of the song is, what would you do if you knew that you would die in 24 hours? To me, the flip side is, why not do it now, because you could die in 24 hours?

Did the real world also interrupt your passions, being told to get a job.
Juggling responsibilities and trying to focus after work, trying switch on/off

Must say the one thing about getting older that perk is experience and how I think my writing has come along way in sense of content.
Exactly. I don't have much energy after work, even watching or reading stuff takes up time.

I have not written or drew anything since a long time ago, but the possibility of returning someday is always there and it gives me hope

I haven't completed my assignment. When I do, I'll appreciate the ride back home that much more.

I have TV shows I enjoy that I want to see what happens next.

I have a trip scheduled for Italy in April. I want to see those ruins in person.

I have a cake I have to bake for someone in a few weeks.

I want to finally finish this graduate program this year.

I don't know what would happen to my cat if I were gone.

In short - I have things I want to continue. I can't do anything about what's going on in the world and I can't control other people, so I do things that I enjoy.

I do not know.
I keep trying to hold on but am barely holding in because people keep hurting me...everyone.
I just regret everything and wish I could go escape somewhere forever to be myself and live in peace because I am so happy by myself doing my own thing i really believe I am quite competent but people come along to wreck it.
I am scared I will just be really sick the rest of my life because I have self harmed lately reakky severely because no one is being nice to me and I feel deceived by others
I do not know except to say I just see what happens
Just do the best I can. I followed faith for unconditional love no matter your struggle and i do not think it is ever wrong to ask for too much love or have struggles

New Threads

Top Bottom