• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reading

granolaturtle

Finally getting back into reading. I picked up the Autobiography of Malcolm X at the library - I'm not one who reads classics for fun or anything, but it looks like a really good read. I realized I really don't know anything about Malcolm X and I think that's a shame, so I'm reading about it.

What are you guys reading?

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. So far it's disappointing, a lot of the text is simply an abridged copy of the original with zombies slotted in...

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.

I like her writing, this is 'apocalyptic' science fiction which is not her usual subject but oh does she do it well! It's a series of three books and Oryx is the first, followed by the year of the flood, then maddaddam. Quite enjoying an extremely well-written bit of science fiction.

Just got the new Hitler biography, looking forward to that during my next week vacation. Currently reading The Bridge by Rick Perlstein and The Ice Man, about the famous Mob hitman.

I typically run 3-5 books simultaneously, since it depends on my mood and energy level. When I'm low, I will re-read a favorite murder mystery or something else well-written.

I'm currently six chapters into The Long-Legged Fly by James Sallis. The first in a series of novels following Lew Griffin, a black private investigator in 1960s New Orleans. I'm also reading Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company and the first novel based on the tv show Psych.

I typically run 3-5 books simultaneously, since it depends on my mood and energy level.

I do this too, I need to stop as it takes forever to finish a book. The worst part is that I own books I've had for years and not touched because something else comes along and I get more excited at the idea of that and start reading it first.

Just got the new Hitler biography, looking forward to that during my next week vacation. Currently reading The Bridge by Rick Perlstein and The Ice Man, about the famous Mob hitman.

I typically run 3-5 books simultaneously, since it depends on my mood and energy level. When I'm low, I will re-read a favorite murder mystery or something else well-written.
Have you read The German War? It's fairly new and is exclusively centered around the experiences of ordinary Germans during WW2. I did not know that the Wehrmacht actually employed captured Russians in non-combat duties on a voluntary basis on the Eastern Front. Guess they were 'galvanized Germans'. I've been meaning to find a few books written by Holocaust survivors about their experiences. The Holocaust Chronicle is also an excellent general Holocaust reference.

Right now I am reading Pervasive Developmental Disorders by Mitzi Waltz.

Have you read The German War? It's fairly new and is exclusively centered around the experiences of ordinary Germans during WW2. I did not know that the Wehrmacht actually employed captured Russians in non-combat duties on a voluntary basis on the Eastern Front. Guess they were 'galvanized Germans'. I've been meaning to find a few books written by Holocaust survivors about their experiences. The Holocaust Chronicle is also an excellent general Holocaust reference.

No, I had not, I put that on my list. One of the best Holocaust books I ever read was just a few weeks ago: The Lost.

I have a great reading app: Scribd. For $9 a month I have access to a big library of the month's selections, plus three credits towards any book for the month. It is great for a big reader like myself.

Last edited:
I'm currently reading Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid by Jan Harold Brunvand which is a compilation of Urban Legends.:)

New Threads

Top Bottom