• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rawrrr, we’re dinosaurs! ^_<

Nymphikora

V.I.P Member
Ok, how do I start?
My daughter and I both have Aspergers and I haven’t seen her in a year, she just turned 4.
I’ve been misjudged a lot because of my childlike behavior and personality (I’m just too sweet and kind).
I like to paint and I love photography. My daughter wasn’t officially diagnosed with Aspergers but it was definitely obvious from repetitive behavior and I miss her.
So I’m doing her room and it’s beautiful! I want to make it as accessible as possible for her when she lives here in about a year or sooner.
I hope this helps being here because it feels like everyone is distracted with a lot of unnecessary things in life. I like things to be functional while a lot of other people only care about dating. I don’t know how to start this introduction, but I wanted to say hi to you all. Oh, my daughters name is Amiléa, I created it. You pronounce it (Uh-Mill-Ay-Uh). ^__+

P.S. I realized I was different than most people is when I was 4, I would stay inside and play by myself rather than go out and build a snowman. I liked to flip pages repeatedly and count coins and line up used batteries. Most of the time I would just sit in silence waiting for someone to pay attention to me, never asked for attention, my behavior wasn’t a problem it was the lack of understanding with adults. I could kind of understand myself and the adults seemed like total assholes. They still are...

Last edited:
Hello & welcome, @Nymphikora .

I coined some of my daughter's names, too. Two middle names: Nissiah & Joshana.

full
(Did you know that your login name means "bride's maid...?")

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and find it supportive and interesting. Are you still in contact with your daughters mum? It can be tough to be misjudged, I guess you mean by family or services who work with you? But it sounds like you are optimistic about the future.

:dolphin::spiralshell::whale::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::spiralshell::fish:

I’m not in contact with the mother. She has a tendency to overthink a lot and she has to do everything by the book as they say. I never got along with her but I tried because I’m patient. Being here is going to help me and you’ll get to know more about Amiléa too. The mother will not get full custody due to her carelessness and selfish tendencies. She also had a child abuse case on her as well as child neglect. I have only been in Amiléa’s life for about 0.05% of her life. It’s heartbreaking to do that calculation, but from those 1,500 days, that percentage seems to be correct.
I miss her and I am currently going to court for visitation.

I also created a couple names with my daughters.. Chey', which doesn't have an interesting story behind it lol. I was searching for a name to go with Maryann (my mother in laws name) and skimming through a french dictionary read chez' which means 'at the home of'. It just caught my attention and I couldn't let go of it so Chey' Maryann. lol
My other daughter's middle name is Lynlei. Both my mom and my sister wanted her named after them, mom's middle name is Lee, sister's middle name Lynn. So I combined them and messed with the spelling a little bit. My first granddaughter was given that as her first name. :)

You may need to go to battle to get her the special handling she needs. We had to go almost to war to get appropriate handling for our kids. The schools are required to offer special classes but they don't like putting students in them because it costs more $$$$ than the state reimburses. If they reimbursed more than the actual cost, I suspect those classes would be stuffed with kids that didn't really need them.

Welcome! Best wishes and absolutely as others have suggested, make sure you both get the supports you need :)

Ok, how do I start?
My daughter and I both have Aspergers and I haven’t seen her in a year, she just turned 4.
I’ve been misjudged a lot because of my childlike behavior and personality (I’m just too sweet and kind).
I like to paint and I love photography. My daughter wasn’t officially diagnosed with Aspergers but it was definitely obvious from repetitive behavior and I miss her.
So I’m doing her room and it’s beautiful! I want to make it as accessible as possible for her when she lives here in about a year or sooner.
I hope this helps being here because it feels like everyone is distracted with a lot of unnecessary things in life. I like things to be functional while a lot of other people only care about dating. I don’t know how to start this introduction, but I wanted to say hi to you all. Oh, my daughters name is Amiléa, I created it. You pronounce it (Uh-Mill-Ay-Uh). ^__+

P.S. I realized I was different than most people is when I was 4, I would stay inside and play by myself rather than go out and build a snowman. I liked to flip pages repeatedly and count coins and line up used batteries. Most of the time I would just sit in silence waiting for someone to pay attention to me, never asked for attention, my behavior wasn’t a problem it was the lack of understanding with adults. I could kind of understand myself and the adults seemed like total assholes. They still are...
Long ago and far away I was a photographer. I lived and drank and slept photography. Then I discovered the difficulties of working professionally and I burned out.

It is back to a hobby. I miss silver-based film and mechanical cameras with all manual adjustments. The art is easier, the photos are far less expensive to produce and exhibit, but the craft is gone. Nowadays most of my photography is for my blog, mostly nature shots for the outdoor posts.

New Threads

Top Bottom