• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Quiet Places for Autistics

I walk at night, it is a bit weird at first but once you are used to it, it is very good.
I never see anybody else (which is why I go then). However I do live rurally, although I have done it before in London and it is surprising just how few people are about.

In fact thinking about it the only time I feel really comfortable is when I am in the middle of nowhere on my own, I like to walk on the moors as well because you can see for miles around (in the day) and therefore know with certainty nobody will 'ambush' you.

I walk at night, it is a bit weird at first but once you are used to it, it is very good.
I never see anybody else (which is why I go then). However I do live rurally, although I have done it before in London and it is surprising just how few people are about.
What area of London were you in? I've tried in Victoria and Paddington but it's either loud or the artificial lighting gives me a nauseating headache thanks

Well it was about twenty years ago so maybe more people, noise, etc. now, but South East London, Greenwich, Brockley, Deptford...places like that, also just north of Regents park is good, Primrose Hill, edges of Camden.

I could literally walk for a few miles without seeing a soul, obviously residential areas better. In the end though it was a coping mechanism and the volume of visual stimulation and people during the day became too much and I had to retreat to a non-urban area, where I savour every second of isolation.

I just remembered the time that I was on a solo holiday in Lithuania and found true peace and quiet whilst hiking.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1672433174078.jpg
    FB_IMG_1672433174078.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 28
  • FB_IMG_1672433199204.jpg
    FB_IMG_1672433199204.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 27

New Threads

Top Bottom