• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Quick stare then look away.

I try my best to control my anger but there's only so much a person can take from bullying. I don't generally get angry. Whether it is talking about someone, laughing at them or staring at them etc. For example tonight I was waiting in a queue to board a bus and there was a man standing to the right of the queue, he wasn't staring at others in front of me boarding as he was in my field of vision. While I was ready to board he kept on looking at me and had been while I was waiting on the bus to arrive, not looking at other people. I was minding my own business doing nothing wrong. Around 2017 I was dating a woman we were in a cafe after we left, the woman said to me the man to the table to our right kept on staring at you, she knew too, that was proof. That happened again while we were ordering at a juice bar, a man waiting for his drink kept on looking at me. Something like that caused me to split up as I lost my temper as something like that happened again in a shop. I wasn't shouting at her but I shouted.
It's frustrating as those who choose to bully sometimes try to do it covertly or pretend they are not like that. And police don't warm them they don't have to be in court. I believe bullies should be punished by law.

As an adult, in most cases there's nothing to be done whether such people are hostile or not. Police here would just hassle you if you attempted to bring to their attention someone giving you the "stinkeye".

Not a crime, and too low on the bar to pursue in civil court.

All you have to do is say…
upload_2021-11-13_18-31-2.jpeg

I try my best to control my anger but there's only so much a person can take from bullying. I don't generally get angry. Whether it is talking about someone, laughing at them or staring at them etc. For example tonight I was waiting in a queue to board a bus and there was a man standing to the right of the queue, he wasn't staring at others in front of me boarding as he was in my field of vision. While I was ready to board he kept on looking at me and had been while I was waiting on the bus to arrive, not looking at other people. I was minding my own business doing nothing wrong. Around 2017 I was dating a woman we were in a cafe after we left, the woman said to me the man to the table to our right kept on staring at you, she knew too, that was proof. That happened again while we were ordering at a juice bar, a man waiting for his drink kept on looking at me. Something like that caused me to split up as I lost my temper as something like that happened again in a shop. I wasn't shouting at her but I shouted.
It's frustrating as those who choose to bully sometimes try to do it covertly or pretend they are not like that. And police don't warm them they don't have to be in court. I believe bullies should be punished by law.

they need to.

A few years back I was in a coffee shop with someone we were minding our own business and the person I was with when we left said that a specific person was staring at us I knew that person was too. It's happened when I've been on my own in coffee shops or at bus stops. If shops were to review their CCTV they would see me minding my own business and certain people staring. Sometimes a man stares sometimes a woman. If a man was too stare at a woman there there would be uproar. I've had to wear a cap to wear to stop starters sometimes or sometimes I have had to move several times at a bus stop. Them minding their own business though doing nothing wrong have clear consciences. Them staring pretend they don't try and provoke people. I am happy with my clear conscience

And there's this disturbing story concerning staring:-

Edinburgh train passenger assaulted by creep who stared then sat next to her

I came out a restroom cafe today, just as I exited and was about to return to my seat, a guy began staring at me, I held his gaze as he started it not me, if he started any additional trouble he would have been entirely to blame, maybe people will release what kind of person he really is.

Staring at people as they are disabled is wicked, including autistic people.

I just put my 'armor' when i go outside, i think logically to do stuff, most 'social' stuff, its just saying how is the weather maybe, or talking about some detail i noticed somewhere, not much more than that usually. People intimidates me i don't know why, but this goes unnoticed because i have the 'armor'.

If there was a scenario where a sheriff as I'm in Scotland and their like a judge, is presiding over a case where a customer is minding their own business and doing nothing wrong and a customer and the bar staff person are talking about the innocent customer and mocking them I would applaud the sheriff for seeing this and taking no action against the innocent party, after all if left alone innocent people do nothing and it's not them themselves who cause a scene it's the fault of those trying to provoke or harrass

Bars can be distatefully unpleasant for racism too. If I'm on my own and I hear a couple or group being racist I can't report it. There is no way if telling if this will occur, even if it first the bar staff or other customers seem nice

Sometimes someone stares at my bag even if they are not staring at me. I could be sitting on a bench by a bus stop minding my own business doing nothing wrong and someone stares at my bag, makes me think they are considering trying to steal it

I've been with a certain friend at the drop in for autism I attend, quite a lot of times. Some people stare at him, he has a distinctive voice and sometimes speaks loudly. I felt sorry for a man last night I think had hearing problems, the way he spoke was like how I've heard some deaf people speak like, I hope people don't stare at him

I was at a local supermarket of mine this evening. After I completed my shop. I placed my backpack style bag down, near to the main entrance to make sure my shopping items were stacked how I liked them. A cyclist was nearby, locking up his bicycle, he wasn't staring while he was doing that. But as he was entering the shop he began staring at me, I asked him can I help you, calmly not shouting, he chose to ignore me but once in the shop, as there was staff he decided to look confused or surprised after deliberately trying to provoke me. I have a clear conscience as I wasn't doing anything wrong and was minding my business. If they look at the CCTV they will see him staring too

I was at a local supermarket of mine this evening. After I completed my shop. I placed my backpack style bag down, near to the main entrance to make sure my shopping items were stacked how I liked them. A cyclist was nearby, locking up his bicycle, he wasn't staring while he was doing that. But as he was entering the shop he began staring at me, I asked him can I help you, calmly not shouting, he chose to ignore me but once in the shop, as there was staff he decided to look confused or surprised after deliberately trying to provoke me. I have a clear conscience as I wasn't doing anything wrong and was minding my business. If they look at the CCTV they will see him staring too

One thing to remember, if you see someone looking at you, it means you are looking at them. So they could be wondering why you are looking at them.

New Threads

Top Bottom