• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question about group chat with friends..

xudo

something and nothing
So, I'm in a group chat on FB messenger with 5 or 6 other people. The last day or two, whenever I send a meme, one participant in particular (although one other has done it once too) replies by just sending back the same meme. I'm confused, and I don't understand why they're just sending them back? I often get confused by text based messaging with NT's, because obviously it's so much harder to discern how something is said or the meaning behind it (sarcasm etc).

Can anyone relate or give me some ideas?

If I were to guess, I'd say that might be a passive-aggressive way of telling you not to bother sending memes to these particular individuals.

If I were to guess, I'd say that might be a passive-aggressive way of telling you not to bother sending memes to these particular individuals.

Thanks. I had the feeling that it probably wasn't a good thing :(

So, I'm in a group chat on FB messenger with 5 or 6 other people. The last day or two, whenever I send a meme, one participant in particular (although one other has done it once too) replies by just sending back the same meme. I'm confused, and I don't understand why they're just sending them back? I often get confused by text based messaging with NT's, because obviously it's so much harder to discern how something is said or the meaning behind it (sarcasm etc).

Can anyone relate or give me some ideas?
I always type ??????

The closest I could come is when my sisters and I would get a group text from my brother showing a picture of the weather forecast there. I'd respond by sending a picture of the weather forecast here. It was my way of saying "If that's all you got, that's all you get back." But I don't think it quite fits the same scenario.

it's their way of being dumb and memeful

images

images

It seems it has became a fad for the channel now.

Of course they might be thick or really lacking meme empathy and wanting to kill your meme moods. So drop them, I will be your friend instead. >o>

2Q.png

New Threads

Top Bottom