• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PTSD Shot, l'll take 2 please.....

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
So a shot for your PTSD. Tequila you are thinking, in that cute little glass?

Nope, this is a stellate ganglion block, which is normally given for severe pain.

The doctor looks at a ultra sound to aid in the position on the neck for the main nerve. It seems to reset the flight or fight response. The results last from several months to several years. It is an anesthetic acting as a block reducing nerve impulses.

Saw this recently on Fox 13 Tampa, June 21, 2021. The doctor was Arun Kalava MD who was featured. There are others doctors through out the US who do this, but since it runs counter to big pharma interests, it's not a lot of docs who advertise this.

If l could just get a shot for my wanting to leave the idiot zone at grocery stores.

Last edited:
Helping PTSD With A Shot: The New Treatments That Are Changing Lives
SGB (Stellate Ganglion Block)

"During SGB, the anesthetic is injected into either the stellate or C6 ganglions on the side of the neck, and numbs the nerves for 8 hours. When the numbness wears off, patients report an immediate difference. There are a number of studies that show success rates between 80-90% with SGB."

"...the procedure has been used for nearly 100 years for pain conditions, including shingles and phantom limb pain. In fact, the injection is done by skilled anesthesiologists and uses an anesthetic that is approved by the FDA for a variety of pain procedures."

Helping PTSD With A Shot: The New Treatments That Are Changing Lives
SGB (Stellate Ganglion Block)

"During SGB, the anesthetic is injected into either the stellate or C6 ganglions on the side of the neck, and numbs the nerves for 8 hours. When the numbness wears off, patients report an immediate difference. There are a number of studies that show success rates between 80-90% with SGB."

"...the procedure has been used for nearly 100 years for pain conditions, including shingles and phantom limb pain. In fact, the injection is done by skilled anesthesiologists and uses an anesthetic that is approved by the FDA for a variety of pain procedures."

Right, it is normally used for pain. But this is used for PTSD, so l wonder is it is covered under insurance. It has been successful for veterans. It stated only a handful of doctors do this in the US.

Thanks @tree , very informative. Maybe somebody here will benefit from this.

For me the light came on when l came across battered woman syndrome definition. l then could connect the dots of the flight or fight, though l was in the flight pattern for too long. This shot l mentioned basically hits the fight or flight receptor in our body and reboots it.

Then it took about 4 years for me to shake off the conditioning. Now l stand as a slightly bruised and battered but a happy single female. Balloons, cake and party to follow. PTSD has faded, l don't feel it at all now. Maybe my environment has forced me to stand up and be accountable.

PTSD is a very difficult disorder to treat because it's so comprehensive. It enlarges the amygdala, bathes the brain in glucocorticoids, and can also isolate the person. Kudos to those who recover. It's not just psych, but massively physical as well.

Think l finally accepted that it doesn't need to define me anymore. It lost it's usefulness. Now l have new behaviors and this gives me confidence. It's a big step to unload what helped you cope but then you see that merely coping is boring. You need to own it, and in my case, l need to live in the moment instead of my turtle shell.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom