• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Products you like the look of but can't/won't buy...

Ermahgerd, my wish list is so long.

-A lighter weighted blanket. I followed a size chart that recommended 20 pounds for someone my size, but at that weight it's so heavy that it constricts my chest and makes it hard to breathe. I'm not shelling out another $400 anytime soon though.

-A fursuit. $3000 for a good one. Hard to justify spending that on something that would probably get me arrested if I went out in public, so additional costs to go to cons in faraway places. I could see being a fursuiter becoming a real money pit.

-A crappy old sports car of some kind. Not a classic, not something new, just something old that I can thrash, like an Eclipse or a Mustang or a Camaro, even a Monte Carlo, something in the $3000 range. Ehhh...those kinds of cars are sort of cop-magnets though, and I would definitely be speeding irresponsibly fast, so add the inevitable cost of speeding tickets and the additional costs to insurance associated with that. Damn I want to drive a fast car and drive it fast, though.

-Better internet. I'm really rural so my one and only option for high-speed internet is outrageously expensive.

-A badass sound system for my Escape. I want bone-rattling, stomach-turning bass, I want to sound like Godzilla coming down the street just *BOOM BOOM BOOM*. God I'm an asshole.

-A big ass gold chain. I already have a big ass gold chain, but I want a bigger one.

-More tactical pants. I bought a pair of 5.11 brand tactical pants, and they are so incredibly comfortable and awesome in so many ways, but at $50 a pop it's slightly cheaper to just Febreeze the one pair.

-Nine box fans. I plan to stack them three fans high to make a wall of fans, then align those fans in a C shape to make for the ultimate personal blow-dryer, for after when I shower. I hate being wet. Problem is the box fans I want to use are $30 a pop, plus I'd need a sizable power strip, lots of tape...it would add up and I'm not even sure if it would work. See, this is the type of thing that makes people think I'm a crackhead.

-Two more of the same fur blanket I bought on sale, only they're not on sale anymore and $60 each. I would use them as a bedspread and lounge upon a luxurious bed of fur.

-Satin sheets. Also for the luxuriousness. Also spendy.

Okay, so I need to stop now. You can tell a lot about a person from what's on their wishlist, so there you go.

-A fursuit. $3000
What on earth is that? XD

(Satin sheets are hot. Try bamboo sheets if you want softness or cotton sateen weave. I know, not as flashy as satin but way more comfortable.)

If you want a whole body blow dryer there actually is one (I know because I had the same wish) but it's very pricey, however price doesn't seem to be an object for your wishlist, XD.

Amazon has weighted blanket (15lbs. ) queen size for about $139.00, Check it out.

Last edited:
Ermahgerd, my wish list is so long.

-A lighter weighted blanket. I followed a size chart that recommended 20 pounds for someone my size, but at that weight it's so heavy that it constricts my chest and makes it hard to breathe. I'm not shelling out another $400 anytime soon though.

-A fursuit. $3000 for a good one. Hard to justify spending that on something that would probably get me arrested if I went out in public, so additional costs to go to cons in faraway places. I could see being a fursuiter becoming a real money pit.

-A crappy old sports car of some kind. Not a classic, not something new, just something old that I can thrash, like an Eclipse or a Mustang or a Camaro, even a Monte Carlo, something in the $3000 range. Ehhh...those kinds of cars are sort of cop-magnets though, and I would definitely be speeding irresponsibly fast, so add the inevitable cost of speeding tickets and the additional costs to insurance associated with that. Damn I want to drive a fast car and drive it fast, though.

-Better internet. I'm really rural so my one and only option for high-speed internet is outrageously expensive.

-A badass sound system for my Escape. I want bone-rattling, stomach-turning bass, I want to sound like Godzilla coming down the street just *BOOM BOOM BOOM*. God I'm an asshole.

-A big ass gold chain. I already have a big ass gold chain, but I want a bigger one.

-More tactical pants. I bought a pair of 5.11 brand tactical pants, and they are so incredibly comfortable and awesome in so many ways, but at $50 a pop it's slightly cheaper to just Febreeze the one pair.

-Nine box fans. I plan to stack them three fans high to make a wall of fans, then align those fans in a C shape to make for the ultimate personal blow-dryer, for after when I shower. I hate being wet. Problem is the box fans I want to use are $30 a pop, plus I'd need a sizable power strip, lots of tape...it would add up and I'm not even sure if it would work. See, this is the type of thing that makes people think I'm a crackhead.

-Two more of the same fur blanket I bought on sale, only they're not on sale anymore and $60 each. I would use them as a bedspread and lounge upon a luxurious bed of fur.

-Satin sheets. Also for the luxuriousness. Also spendy.

Okay, so I need to stop now. You can tell a lot about a person from what's on their wishlist, so there you go.

So a furry suited dude, wearing a big gold chain, bass bumping down the road at 90MPH plus...

Dude, thats not jail, thats looney house, but it sounds fun as all get out... : )

1317358652-apples-newest-version-of-thunderbolt-display-mc914lla-2.jpg

Have an old LED Cinema HD Mac monitor/display connected to my PC, it's probably fifteen or more years old, I'm really fond of it. It looks the same as the Thunderbolt pictured above. Unless it dies I'll likely never replace it, it's been hooked up to two PC's so far. Macintosh has a sequel, so if something happens to this one, I might possibly buy. Even though they discontinued them, I can still find them on EBay and Amazon.

"Apple’s LED Cinema Display, the Apple Thunderbolt Display (Orig. $999, now on Ebay for much less) was originally introduced in July 2011, and had not changed until it was discontinued in June 2016. Measuring 27″ on the diagonal, the metal and glass Thunderbolt Display uses the same 2560×1440 screen found in the original 27″ iMac and the LED Cinema Display, with a chassis thickness somewhere between the last two iMac generations. Three speakers are inside the frame for 2.1-channel audio, along with a basic FaceTime HD camera and a microphone."

Last edited:
1317358652-apples-newest-version-of-thunderbolt-display-mc914lla-2.jpg

Have an old LED Cinema Mac monitor/display hooked to my PC, it's probably fifteen or more years old, I'm really fond of it. It looks the same as the Thunderbolt pictured above. Unless it dies I'll likely never replace it, it's been hooked up to three PC's so far. Macintosh has a sequel, so if something happens to this one, I might possibly buy. Even though they discontinued them, I can still find them on EBay and Amazon.

"Apple’s LED Cinema Display, the Apple Thunderbolt Display (Orig. $999, now on Ebay for much less) was originally introduced in July 2011, and had not changed until it was discontinued in June 2016. Measuring 27″ on the diagonal, the metal and glass Thunderbolt Display uses the same 2560×1440 screen found in the original 27″ iMac and the LED Cinema Display, with a chassis thickness somewhere between the last two iMac generations. Three speakers are inside the frame for 2.1-channel audio, along with a basic FaceTime HD camera and a microphone."

I'm an Apple freak also... : )
I don't have a PC at all... but I have Mac Book Pro, iPad mini, iPhone, and apple watch... They all sync up and its really cool.

That's exactly why I don't use them. If you got high-frequency hearing like I do. Then you hear that high-pitch fluttering sound that they make.
in that case, the wireless headphones aren't such a good idea. I think I'll give them a miss, or buy wired ones, but find some way of strengthening the cable.

I saw an ad recently (on Facebook of all places) for a Magellan Star Projector. I've always wanted one of those for some reason (puts a mock universe on your ceiling). For my kids and their parents. Not sure it'd be cool and I have no extra money, ever.

Also, I always have the urge to take my super autistic family on a cruise. As a means to get somewhere we want to go and live one day. But I'm not sure, given how the world is, if this is an awful idea! I know how to avoid other people in most settings. The appeal of the boat may only be because I'm pretty sure flying by plane has become incredibly dangerous...and I want to move far away. I'd rather be on the ocean than over it.

in that case, the wireless headphones aren't such a good idea. I think I'll give them a miss, or buy wired ones, but find some way of strengthening the cable.

I use wireless headphones but they use a transmitter (that doubles up as a charger) rather then getting a bluetooth version and I don't bother with noise-reduction headphones - although that's mainly because I need to make sure I hear the phone ringing, someone knocking at the door or someone shouting for me.

I saw an ad recently (on Facebook of all places) for a Magellan Star Projector. I've always wanted one of those for some reason (puts a mock universe on your ceiling). For my kids and their parents. Not sure it'd be cool and I have no extra money, ever.

Also, I always have the urge to take my super autistic family on a cruise. As a means to get somewhere we want to go and live one day. But I'm not sure, given how the world is, if this is an awful idea! I know how to avoid other people in most settings. The appeal of the boat may only be because I'm pretty sure flying by plane has become incredibly dangerous...and I want to move far away. I'd rather be on the ocean than over it.

I had never heard of this product... I looked it up and that is so cool! They have some on Ebay for 9 dollars.
Thanks for sharing and helping me learn about stuff I haven't even heard of... : )

I had never heard of this product... I looked it up and that is so cool! They have some on Ebay for 9 dollars.
Thanks for sharing and helping me learn about stuff I haven't even heard of... : )

I love the night sky! Its one of my most favorite things there is... I always wanted to get a galaxy type photo and have it blown up to the size of my celing in my bedroom and then have it made into one of those murals (made of wallpapre) then I could go to sleep under the stars every night... sort of

But my guess is that would be very expensive and pretty silly, but it would be so cool - to me anyway... : )

I love the night sky! Its one of my most favorite things there is... I always wanted to get a galaxy type photo and have it blown up to the size of my celing in my bedroom and then have it made into one of those murals (made of wallpapre) then I could go to sleep under the stars every night... sort of

But my guess is that would be very expensive and pretty silly, but it would be so cool - to me anyway... : )

Consider a good telescope. My room mate is an amateur astronomer and we have had lots of fun looking at the universe through her scopes.
Come to think of it, what better excuse to get away from it all as you need to go to a dark site to view the sky!

Last edited:
Consider a good telescope. My room mate is an amateur astronomer and we have had lots of fun looking at the universe through her scopes.
Come to think of it, what better excuse to get away from it all as you need to go to a dark site to view the sky!

I have a cheap telescope and its a lot of fun... I want to learn how to do night time time lapse photography also.

One of my fun goals (at some point before I get old) is to visit Keck Observatory. It represents the second largest optical telescopes on Earth, located close to the summit of Hawaii's Mauna Kea. That is real star gazing in an amazing place (or to me it is).

See... I would rather save up for something like, then go out to eat, or go to a movie or a concert. I literally watch all my small useless spending, I try not to ever impulse buy anything, and I sort of save that money back for something I really want to do in LIFE... I love looking out there at stars. Its limitless and creates so many cool deep questions down inside.

So I go to Hawaii, surf (fall all over the place - very ungracefully), and be a star gazing geek all in the same trip... ASD has it advantages... : )

I want to learn how to do night time time lapse photography also.
My room mate taught herself how to do this. She uses an SLR mounted on her big scope which has a tracking feature. Then you have to stack like 80-100 pictures to get the color. It's kind of involved but doable in an amateur way. She's gotten some really nice photos.

What on earth is that? XD

It would be better to show you than try to explain.

This is a couple dancing in their fursuits. It's a part of the furry fandom. I'd direct you to wikifur if you wanted to learn more about the furry lifestyle, since this isn't really a thread about furries, but basically we furries like anthropomorphized animals. Oh, and wikipedia also has a nice article on the furry fandom. It's a stereotype that it's purely a sex thing, not true at all.

And @Chance insane is how I roll :D

This is a couple dancing in their fursuits. It's a part of the furry fandom. I'd direct you to wikifur if you wanted to learn more about the furry lifestyle, since this isn't really a thread about furries, but basically we furries like anthropomorphized animals. Oh, and wikipedia also has a nice article on the furry fandom. It's a stereotype that it's purely a sex thing, not true at all.

Yeah, ok, now I know you're crazy, XD

Oh blimey.

But if 50% of the people in the world were into this -
Wpuld the world be a nicer place?
:)

Not if they're doing their thing out in the wild. Heard of a story (1000 ways to die-death by furry) where someone got mauled by a bear for "being in character". :eek:

Wrong time, wrong place, wrong furry suit. o_O

And yes, that sequence of this tv show can be found on YouTube. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom