• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Problem making decisions / choices (ambivalence)

With a die, I could cut the process from “Burgers or Chicken?
“Chicken (dang)”
“Popeyes or KFC?”
“...Popeyes or Zaxby’s?”
“...I guess we’ll get Zaxby’s, (even though Arby’s sounds good and I like H. Jon Benjamin in that commercial)”

To

“Ok, three (according to the manual) is whatever we had last time”

*Fictionalized-ish

I found it a fun and fresh read, with a few ideas I enjoyed ruminating on.

I'm very relaxed about trivial decisions but pretty uptight about important ones, so no danger for me: I would be organically incapable of trying anything of that kind.

So in a way it was fascinating to contemplate the idea and the consequences without risking anything myself lol

Last edited:
I can't make a decision to save my life. If left to my own devices I will sit around and browse the internet all day.

I was recently asked to pick up some snacks for my baby niece while I was at the store. Too many options, not sure which ones to get, and afraid of getting the wrong kind, even though I know it won't matter. Still had to ask my mom for her opinion.

If the table I usually have lunch at is occupied, or the food I want to eat is unavailable, and I have to make a quick substitution I get really anxious. I am extremely bad at major decisions.

For smaller decisions where it doesn't really matter (like, I can't decide between two flavors of ice cream that I really like) then I use my keys. Specifically my keyblade keychain. Whichever direction the teeth/ "blade" are facing, that's the direction I go with.

New Threads

Top Bottom