• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Probably an aspie..?

Specter

Hey all, I'm Gene, 24. Haven't been diagnosed but I'm almost certain I'm an aspie.

I'm an artist and writer with lots of weird OCs, with which I aspire to make a video game or two one of these days. Additionally, I have a particular fondness for all things horror. >:D

I found this site following another dark time in my life when it was made clear to me yet again that I'm not like everyone else. I'm not a talker irl, in fact I rarely say a word. This frustrates the people around me very much. They usually assume I'm too stuck up to want them as friends. In reality though, social situations fill me with so much anxiety that my mind becomes a constant blank so I stay silent. It doesn't matter how much I WANT to be their friend, I'm always too anxious to speak.

Usually people dismiss me as crazy. So I've come here to hopefully learn how I can make life a little less toxic for me. I hope to befriend those who would like to be befriended. Please bear with me though, as my anxiety tends to flare up with online interactions as well. ^^'

Hi Gene :) What do you write? Do you have a website? I'm a writer/editor/list goes on... I also like horror, though it does still scare the bejesus out of me and I don't know a lot about it info-wise :) I'm writing a book at the moment (dystopian and hard to explain) Nice to meet a fellow writer.

Hi Gene :) What do you write? Do you have a website? I'm a writer/editor/list goes on... I also like horror, though it does still scare the bejesus out of me and I don't know a lot about it info-wise :) I'm writing a book at the moment (dystopian and hard to explain) Nice to meet a fellow writer.
Hey, Sass. :>

I do have a couple of art blogs on Tumblr and DA, but I haven't yet mustered the courage to post any writing online. I may be more of a plot designer (?) than anything, but I certainly aspire to be writer in every sense of the word. :p

But holy hell, the story I'm working on is also dystopian and hard to explain. xD Do you post any of your work online?

Hey, Sass. :>

I do have a couple of art blogs on Tumblr and DA, but I haven't yet mustered the courage to post any writing online. I may be more of a plot designer (?) than anything, but I certainly aspire to be writer in every sense of the word. :p

But holy hell, the story I'm working on is also dystopian and hard to explain. xD Do you post any of your work online?

Ha, not my novel (or probably novella at this rate, I've not added to it for months). I actually prefer editing to writing, I seem to find 'fixing' others' work easier...

Hi, Gene!

I love writing too! I'll have to check out your work.

I must admit that saying "Hi, Gene!" makes me think of this:

Last edited:
Hi, Gene!

I love writing too! I'll have to check out your work.

I also must admit that saying "Hi, Gene!" makes me think of this:

LOL I adored this episode back when it came out. xD

Oh man, thanks for the vid, Ereth. I've been WAY overdue for some Strongbad. That hit me right in the nostalgia feels. ; v;

Yeah, it's one of my favorites. Every now and then I go visit the H*R website or its YouTube channel and take a trip down memory lane. :)

Welcome :)

Don't worry, a lot of us can definitely relate. I consider myself quite sociable, but even I do terribly at times in social situations. Anyway, hope you feel right at home here

Ha, not my novel (or probably novella at this rate, I've not added to it for months). I actually prefer editing to writing, I seem to find 'fixing' others' work easier...
I can definitely understand that. Sometimes it's a real struggle to get the creativity flowing enough for me to make any progress with my story. Dx (I'm just constantly plagued with art/writers block, hah)

I'm actually trying to structure my days in such a way that I can have at least a couple hours to write every day, if only just to see if infrequency is my problem. .-.

I can definitely understand that. Sometimes it's a real struggle to get the creativity flowing enough for me to make any progress with my story. Dx (I'm just constantly plagued with art/writers block, hah)

I'm actually trying to structure my days in such a way that I can have at least a couple hours to write every day, if only just to see if infrequency is my problem. .-.

I edit books for a living, so often the last thing I feel like doing is being creative at the end of the day sadly, or even reading for fun, although I'm reading Sherlock Holmes before bed every night at the moment. Maybe I could send you my manuscript and you could tell me what you think? Bearing in mind that it's short and a work in progress still LOL

I edit books for a living, so often the last thing I feel like doing is being creative at the end of the day sadly, or even reading for fun, although I'm reading Sherlock Holmes before bed every night at the moment. Maybe I could send you my manuscript and you could tell me what you think? Bearing in mind that it's short and a work in progress still LOL
I'd be happy to give it a read as long as you're okay with letting me. ^^ And not to worry, I'd never judge a story by its incompleteness. :p

Been meaning to read some Sherlock Holmes myself ever since I was given one of those compilations of 4 novels by Sir Arthur Doyle, but I haven't gotten around to actually picking it up yet. D:

(So unfortunately most of my Sherlock knowledge has come from the BBC series. lmao)

Welcome :)

Don't worry, a lot of us can definitely relate. I consider myself quite sociable, but even I do terribly at times in social situations. Anyway, hope you feel right at home here

Wow, awesome drawings. You've got quite a talent there.
Thanks, Vanilla!

Hearing from Aspies who've got a good grasp of social skills always gives me hope. I'm a wreck in social situations and always come off as weird, unfortunately. So maybe you can gimme some tips one of these days. :D

And thanks for liking my art, really glad you do! ; v; It's a pleasure to meet such a kind and complimentary hedgehog. <3

Thanks, Vanilla!

Hearing from Aspies who've got a good grasp of social skills always gives me hope. I'm a wreck in social situations and always come off as weird, unfortunately. So maybe you can gimme some tips one of these days. :D

And thanks for liking my art, really glad you do! ; v; It's a pleasure to meet such a kind and complimentary hedgehog. <3
Haha, yeah, I tend to be able to judge social situations from afar, but when it's me involved, I can sometimes still appear weird; even if the other person just can't quite put their finger on why that is. If you do ever want to chat about it though, just let me know. I also go to uni, so if I don't reply right away, don't feel let down; I will eventually!

New Threads

Top Bottom