• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Preventing timeouts when completing forms online

Aspergirl4hire

Mage, Sage, Revolutionary
Anyone have some tricks for doing this?

This happens quite often, during employment applications. I'll be writing my answers to questions (given that they weren't downloadable). I'll do some preventative saving, if the app permits it. '

I also, now, copy text to another app so that if everything goes south I don't lose my mind as well as my paragraph.

I've had two job apps just vanish in timeouts, despite everything. All I have to show for it is my backup file. Whole mess is complicated by an old computer that has to stop and think every now and then.

Any ideas?

I often leave the form open in a window as reference and type my responses in some wordprocessor. Then copy/paste it when I'm done.

Technically you're more or less at the mercy of whomever establishes form authentication cookie "timeout" parameters. Security concerns are what often drives authors to keep them a little too brief.

King Oni's suggestion is what I've always done...so when I'm ready I just copy and paste. :)

Adding both of you to the list of things I am grateful for today. My thanks to you both! And, in a denouement I probably should have predicted, the Applicant Tracking System immediately updated my profile, presented the screen to show the status of the application, and the position is now On Hold.

Murphy's Law strikes again! But at least I'm in the queue for it.

New Threads

Top Bottom