• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Potato, a Book Cat

Darkkin

Lioness of Spoons
V.I.P Member
20220624_150515.jpg
20220624_150103.jpg

Unexpected day off so I cleaned the house and sorted through my books. I purged a decent number of mass market paperbacks (set aside for donation) and redid two of my bookcases.

Kalinychta

V.I.P Member
Funny, I started a new book yesterday, and the last line of the author’s bio at the beginning reminded me of this thread - ha!

upload_2022-6-26_1-45-48.jpeg

Darkkin

Lioness of Spoons
V.I.P Member
Julie Garwood has a new book coming out in about three weeks. She is one of my favourite fluff read authors. Several of her main characters are autistically coded. I'm currently 70% through the entirety of the connected series...I did not pace this well, but then again I can munch these books in less than a day. (300 - 400 pages per book).

20220626_194241.jpg

Potato Cat tried to help me by placing himself on top of my book so I had to stop reading (momentarily).

20220627_114806.jpg

Last edited:

Darkkin

Lioness of Spoons
V.I.P Member
IMG_2400.jpg
20220701_190537.jpg

Some candids of my circus from today. Potato Cat would like to remind you, you never do laundry alone.

Darkkin

Lioness of Spoons
V.I.P Member
20220704_173815.jpg

Rueful Reader: Occasionally you randomly find a book by an author you haven't read and it resonates with you. A dog too smart for her own good, Jane Austen references, a school librarian, Whovian debates, and a really likable, neurodivergent police chief. Thus far To All the Dog's I've Loved Before by Lizzie Shane is a total delight.

Darkkin

Lioness of Spoons
V.I.P Member
20220705_175252.jpg
IMG_2404.jpg
IMG952407.jpg
20220705_163309.jpg

Potato Cat has needed a new cat tree for more than a year. He had outgrown his old one and it was slowly falling to pieces. Well, Potato Cat got mail today.

Darkkin

Lioness of Spoons
V.I.P Member
20220709_134022.jpg
20220709_134049.jpg

Lessons of Potato, Book Cat: For some of us that voice in our head...they can be a real jerk. (Brand new poetry book Changing with the Tides by Shelby Leigh sits down with that hypercritical inner voice and has an honest conversation with it. Honestly one of the best poetry book of 2022 so far.)

Darkkin

Lioness of Spoons
V.I.P Member
20220724_184106.jpg

Lessons of Potato, Book Cat: With some authors it is easy to see why they are prize winning. The book is not complicated or drowning in metaphor. It is simple and subtle, akin to the quiet strength of a reed. (Mary Oliver remains one of my absolute favourite poets. Wondering where to start with poetry, Mary Oliver is an excellent stepping off point.)

New Threads

Top Bottom