• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post your desktop!

Dual booting Mac and linux can be a pain, I've heard... I just dual boot win xp Pro myself.

It is now. Before the release of snow leopard dual-booting ubuntu and mac os x, for me, was very easy, easier than on windows(under the assumption you're not using wubi which imo doesn't even constitute as dual-booting[because it's easy]).
EMZ=]

Well, I'm not a Mac guy in the slightest, so I haven't played around with it at all on my current box. And no, I just use GRUB 2.

I think on Wubi you have the standard windows boot loader and then when you select ubuntu you enter grub 2 and then select what version of ubuntu you want or w.e(like the recovery, the previous kernal, etc. I forget).
I use rEFIt, or did, even, which is just a customised version of the EFI P;.
EMZ=]

It's extremely convenient and makes ubuntu available to a more mainstream audience. Which, obviously, isn't a good thing because now Ubuntu's just gone really commercial.
I don't think it uses up additional HDD space, or at least, a notable amount, but I personally just don't like Ubuntu in general. I'd probably install Ubuntu the normal way if I were though so then triple/quadruple/etc.-booting would be easier- I'd assume. Ubuntu's installer is pretty good tbh at recognising multiple operating systems.
EMZ=]

I meant wasteful, as in, it makes you choose what OS twice. On mine, Ubuntu is first, with several kernel versions to choose from. At the end is win xp. You choose and you're done. With the Wubi, it sounds like you have to do that twice... I miss the convenience there...

I'd have to look up Wubi, cause I really don't know all that much about it.

I recommend checking it out, it's cool.
And now I get you P:. I agree with you.
EMZ=]

I have a naked desktop! And so shan't post a picture: It's just Apples default image with no icons. All I did was move the dock to the right and make it smaller. I don't like icons on my desktop! :)

Here is my new and updated wallpaper, you would pretty much like this very much. :p

Attachments

• superboyianwallpaper.jpg
    superboyianwallpaper.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 74
screeny.png

This is my most recent desktop :)

My favourite colours are Blue and Red...so I chose the desktop background and window colour as shown :D

iTunes needs to look better. Getting a bit too ugly got the rest of Windows 7 :p

screeny.png

This is my most recent desktop :)

My favourite colours are Blue and Red...so I chose the desktop background and window colour as shown :D

iTunes needs to look better. Getting a bit too ugly got the rest of Windows 7 :p
It looks pretty cool, I must say.... I think iTunes toolbar does look a little odd but hey, at least you can still listen to music. :p
Loving the plain wallpaper aswell.

My new desktop background attatched. My favourite band, Muse...didn't have a decent sized wallpaper so I had to make my first ever wallpaper. As you can see it's a rather pathetic attempt but I like it. I also added the logos of my other favourite stuff.

MUSE FTW

Attachments

• afdsffg.png
    afdsffg.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 64
My new desktop background attatched. My favourite band, Muse...didn't have a decent sized wallpaper so I had to make my first ever wallpaper. As you can see it's a rather pathetic attempt but I like it. I also added the logos of my other favourite stuff.

MUSE FTW

That's actually not bad if you actually created that wallpaper yourself. :)

That's actually not bad if you actually created that wallpaper yourself. :)

Haha. Thanks!

Matt in the red coat on the left was very low quality from YouTube. I decided to do some revisions by removing him and adding the bassist.

The finished product is here - I obviously had to reduce the quality of it so it loads faster.

Started a new blog on my amateur graphic designing here: http://mikkyh.info/ (if you can call it graphic design, that is).

New Threads

Top Bottom