• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

This story makes me happy. It's really upsetting for the tourism industry but I see them as being responsible for much of the destruction of native habitats in my country.

As a result of global warming salt water crocodiles are now able to range as far south as Brisbane. Who knows, maybe in another decade or so they could get as far south as Sydney. The wildlife is fighting back.

Wait!? They have salt water crocodiles now?! How did I not know this?! It seems to be the case that now the only body of water I feel safe in is the bath. I've been on this planet for decades and this whole time there have been salt water crocodiles lurking! :oops:

mime-attachment-31.jpeg

Worth also noting that the term 'mad hatter' didn't originate with the Alice in Wonderland story. This was a tragically real condition caused by mercury poisoning. Mercury was commonly used in hat making hence the full term 'mad as a hatter'.

Wait!? They have salt water crocodiles now?! How did I not know this?! It seems to be the case that now the only body of water I feel safe in is the bath. I've been on this planet for decades and this whole time there have been salt water crocodiles lurking! :oops:
Not sure if you're joking or not there. The world's largest living reptiles. Great for tourists, they swim in water, they walk on land, and if you don't climb a big enough tree they can also jump.

4ca2629b36ba6f66ccadb928df7028c1--alligators-crocodiles.jpg

c44f69726c0b2ddae7767c1451fdb300.jpeg

Not sure if you're joking or not there. The world's largest living reptiles. Great for tourists, they swim in water, they walk on land, and if you don't climb a big enough tree they can also jump.

View attachment 94821

That's amazing, certain death is two feet away from them and they are focused only on filming it. The guy right infront of the crocodile is looking at his phone.

I told you our tourists are just as stupid as yours. :)

There's something facinating about it, humans are weird. After everyone started carrying a camera in their pocket and using social media, the first instinct if we see something dangerous or crazy is to film it. You have 400 kilos of crocodile two feet away from your face and your only thought is to post it on facebook.

Admittedly in that instance they were on a cruise to see jumping crocodiles. The tour operators tease the crocs with bits of meat on long poles to make them jump. I think that one was a bit bigger than they normally expect though.

I like the pose of the man in the far left of the photo, the only one in the crowd that seems a little unsure.

Admittedly in that instance they were on a cruise to see jumping crocodiles. The tour operators tease the crocs with bits of meat on long poles to make them jump. I think that one was a bit bigger than they normally expect though.

I like the pose of the man in the far left of the photo, the only one in the crowd that seems a little unsure.

Yes, teasing the crocodiles with meat and luring them closer to the boat full of people seems like a great idea. :) What could possibly go wrong,

View attachment 94820

View attachment 94821
I thought that they only liked fresh water. To be fair, it's not something I've really looked in to. But I really didn't know they lived in salt water too.

I thought that they only liked fresh water. To be fair, it's not something I've really looked in to. But I really didn't know they lived in salt water too.
We have fresh water crocs too, but they're not as big or as aggressive. The salt water croc is the meanest of them all.

A couple of Prairie boys went to the west coast of Canada, and bought a canoe. They had never heard of whales, and were rather disturbed when one came up for a breath near them.

A couple of Prairie boys went to the west coast of Canada, and bought a canoe. They had never heard of whales, and were rather disturbed when one came up for a breath near them.
There's quite a few countries that have kayaking whale tours, Australia too, but I reckon getting too close to orcas might not be such a clever idea. A handy snack served on a bright yellow tray.

2018-11-13_21-39-09_1_reowct.jpg

Last edited:
There's quite a few countries that have kyaking whale tours, Australia too, but I reckon getting too close to orcas might not be such a clever idea. A handy snack served on a bright yellow tray.

View attachment 94822
Orca in some places have been known to attack boats, but I've never heard of them eating people. Even Great White Sharks just taste us and leave.
Before Whale Watching was a thing, some naturalists in British Columbia, Canada, wanted to protect a shallow, gravel-bottom bay that the Orca used each spring to rub their bellies on. A timber company wanted to fill the bay with log booms. Nobody was worried about the "big fish." Not knowing what else to try, the pro-whale folk invited the Cabinet out for a day on the water, hoping they would at least see some whales. They got lucky, and found a whole pod. Then, they saw a birth. THEN, the baby swam past the visitors, and the whole pod followed it, lined up two-by-two like a naval review. The bay was saved. That said, Orca are certainly nasty to other marine life. Some pods only eat fish, but others go after mammals, and may kill a lot and eat only a little.

This story makes me happy. It's really upsetting for the tourism industry but I see them as being responsible for much of the destruction of native habitats in my country.

As a result of global warming salt water crocodiles are now able to range as far south as Brisbane. Who knows, maybe in another decade or so they could get as far south as Sydney. The wildlife is fighting back.

Crocs used to be rare here - just a few hanging out in the Everglades. But now they are found as far north as Tampa.

New Threads

Top Bottom