• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poking Around

Hello

Introductions are awkward. I'm on a different ASD site (unfamiliar places are hard for me), but I'm giving this one a try because things have been stressful and I don't feel comfortable expressing myself there right now.

I was diagnosed (ASD, SPD, ADD) at about 13 under a series of traumatizing circumstances. I was in denial for years but came to accept it 5 or 6 years ago.

My husband is also on the spectrum and we have 4 cats :).

I am a major fan of Star Trek (TNG, VOY, DS9), Buffy, medical science, and geology (particularly mass wasting and sinkholes).

Oh and I think in pictures so I like to post visuals frequently.

upload_2020-9-11_21-3-55.png

Welcome! Feel free to talk about sinkholes, too. I never heard of land wasting. What is the difference? In our vicinity there was either mass wasting or a sinkhole. It was on a slope so would that be a sinkhole or mass wasting? They had to come and fix it with a bunch of cinder rocks and stuff.

Welcome! Feel free to talk about sinkholes, too. I never heard of land wasting. What is the difference? In our vicinity there was either mass wasting or a sinkhole. It was on a slope so would that be a sinkhole or mass wasting? They had to come and fix it with a bunch of cinder rocks and stuff.

Mass wasting is the broad term for geohazards such as landslides, mudslides, etc. So with mass wasting events sediments and debris would move down a slope. With sinkholes the sediments move straight down. This can result in the appearance that hole was bored out of the ground, or it can look like a dip in the top layer. So both can occur on a slope, but the direction and movement of the sediment differs.

(I'm not sure if I explained it well enough to answer your question.)

Hello

Introductions are awkward. I'm on a different ASD site (unfamiliar places are hard for me), but I'm giving this one a try because things have been stressful and I don't feel comfortable expressing myself there right now.

I was diagnosed (ASD, SPD, ADD) at about 13 under a series of traumatizing circumstances. I was in denial for years but came to accept it 5 or 6 years ago.

My husband is also on the spectrum and we have 4 cats :).

I am a major fan of Star Trek (TNG, VOY, DS9), Buffy, medical science, and geology (particularly mass wasting and sinkholes).

Oh and I think in pictures so I like to post visuals frequently.
Hi there @AuroraBorealisGazer nice to meet you.

I took some classes in geology at my old college, but I can't recall too much specifically right now, I don't have your passion; I do know what the Latin word for subsidence is, -which oddly enough, I didn't learn from geology classes- labis.

I'm not sure how much I think in pictures but I do like them. Unfortunately I don't think I have any on my desktop to share right now, I did have this random photo of Mount Baker that I wanted to post, (and realized in the process that it's geology, a Cascadian stratovolcano, so it is actually apropos to this thread. :D) but it turns out it's to big for this site.

Welcome!

Another Trekkie here. I was nine when Star Trek was first introduced.
I know the original Star Trek seems poorly made, but, still it was the beginning and
Spock was my instant idol.

I love NG too. Data and Q are my favourites there. It is just very well done.
Ah, I could go on forever about Star Trek, but, from my number one guy:
star-trek-spock1.jpg
I think in pictures too.
And very familiar with sinkholes living in FL. I'm into rocks, crystals and semi-precious stone collecting.

I like star trek. but i am evil and hate TOS
i LOVE NTG, albeit i haven't watchd it in a while
and i love Janeway too.

Welcome!

Another Trekkie here. I was nine when Star Trek was first introduced.
I know the original Star Trek seems poorly made, but, still it was the beginning and
Spock was my instant idol.

I love NG too. Data and Q are my favourites there. It is just very well done.
Ah, I could go on forever about Star Trek, but, from my number one guy:
View attachment 64110 I think in pictures too.
And very familiar with sinkholes living in FL. I'm into rocks, crystals and semi-precious stone collecting.

Though I've only seen TOS once (all the way through) I appreciate it immensely, as it's where it all began :). Spock would definitely be my favorite character from TOS. It's hard to narrow down my favorite characters from the later series, but Tuvok, seven, and Data all make top of my list for their logical/rational mindset.

I used to live in Florida (home of the sinkholes). If I didn't dislike the climate there, it would be a great place to study sinkholes. I also have a sizeable rock and mineral collection (well I share it with my husband :p).

l am fascinated by the Bermuda Triangle, sorta of a aqua sinkhole. And l am fascinated by wormholes in the constellations. Actually hoping that my ex disappears into either of these. I think in movement. l use to choreograph recitals of dance in my head as a youngster. Welcome here!

l am fascinated by the Bermuda Triangle, sorta of a aqua sinkhole. And l am fascinated by wormholes in the constellations. Actually hoping that my ex disappears into either of these.

:tearsofjoy: hehehe

I think in movement. l use to choreograph recitals of dance in my head as a youngster. Welcome here!

What types of dance did you do? I used to be a dancer too. I loved choreographing to music! I did ballet, lyrical, jazz, modern, and some tap (but I wasn't great at tap).

Ballet, tribal belly dance, tap, (vertical dance☺). Don't like aerial silks but it is very popular here.

Took a tiny bit of pointe. (ouch)

Belly dancing has always interested me. I've never been able to really get it right. I loved pointe. The sensation of the shoes on the floor was really appealing, and the feeling that you were always on the verge of losing control (tripping or spinning out) was strangely thrilling.

New Threads

Top Bottom