• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Places like here

I looked at many sites some of which were blasting from the ever present 10% of NT's who hate us. When I did my three month tour of Farce Book the autism groups there were so negative and full of richard heads it made me think "No wonder NT's hate us if this is the way most of us present ourselves." This is the only autism forum I have found that has a majority of people who have more positive attitudes or are at least working on themselves.

It could be that, or it could be that they simply had zero interest in talking to people to begin with.

I tend to fall into that category most of the time. IRL I'm nearly silent around most people, because most people are astonishingly boring. So with no interest whatsoever, I have nothing to say and typically want them to just go away. I'd much rather talk to my dog. He's far more interesting.

I do use the Net and talk sometimes, because on here I can find people that actually are interesting. Sometimes.

But even then... I dont do that very much. Outside of this forum, I rarely talk even on the Net.

I suspect some users are like me, and they come to places like this specifically because to them, it's the ONLY place to find anyone to talk to, and they're just as silent IRL as I am.

I've forgotten where I was going with this.
Although I completely understood what you said sometimes the way you word things reminds me of this song.

Think l am more open and less judgmental about people in the time l have come here. But l still enjoy my downtime when little chaos. Just four walls, music or a movie, and something crunchy to capture my senses. I like to be in charge what captures my senses at all times. This forum is managed well enough that l don't fall off thought cliffs, nor cause issues with my spectrum off the wall thought patterns. Most of the time l can explain myself to admin if they question me, since as a rule, we can ruffle feathers and totally be clueless about it.

I’m looking for sites like this one. It’s my belief that there aren’t enough places for autistic people to connect. It’s not that this place isn’t good enough - it’s that I just can’t believe how few places like this there are. Where are they all? I believe autistic people need a stronger sense of community and culture. Please share if there are any sites especially new ones where autistic people are connecting. Reddit? Chatrooms? Obviously there is wrong planet. I’m looking for more.

Thanks
Your friendly skerl
There is the wrongplanet irc chatroom. There's a few related chatrooms as well as reddits. As for forums there was aspiecentral.

In 2015-2016 there was Aspergers Forum, which had a long term vision of being much more than just a forum. Seemed to start well, then suddenly died. Was a big mystery as the founding members used to be active on both sites and then vanished, and I missed the action as I wasn’t very active during that period.

Weird that there is only two forums. It makes me think that our abilities may mean that we need to be monitored because of our ability to see outside of things and understand manipulative behavior because a lot of us have lived thru it. So strange. Just a sorta raw guess, or the other thought- austitic people- just don't visit forums.

I was on a few other autism forums in the past, but they never really took off and then fizzled out. But that is the case with forums in general. Other social media came along.

I’ve checked it out a few times (wrong planet) could never even figure out how to use the site - I found it confusing. Maybe they just have way fewer functions? Found myself asking “how do I search by member? Where is the media page? Member profiles?” Also chat doesn’t work on mobile. I have heard only negative things about it anyway.

Wrong Planet is such a cool name, it must be an old site to have that name. Shame that it seems to be broken (though I haven’t been there, going by what others say).

Wrong Planet is such a cool name, it must be an old site to have that name. Shame that it seems to be broken (though I haven’t been there, going by what others say).

It was started in 2004. And it has not been updated much since then. A piecemeal overhaul was done in 2014 to keep it from collapsing. Two really great mods who were the only ones with partial admin powers quit in frustration around that time.

New Threads

Top Bottom