• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pictures from my Canoe Trips

WhitewaterWoman

V.I.P Member
This was not a scenic river, but I’ll post some pictures.

129EA8DA-09FD-457B-9E69-ED56D55B0809.jpeg

48AEB0F4-E327-454C-A88F-9FAB47686E85.jpeg

DC618676-FB1D-4CBC-9484-7183566D1986.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the pics. That's just awesome! Looks like quite an adventure!

So remote. Just perfection. I feel so alone in those pictures, and just love that feeling.

Nice. Except for the Boundary Waters, I haven't done a lot of lake Wilderness paddling. Which model is that? The hull looks fishform (seating behind the center) like a DY design. How does it take waves?

My stripper is like that with a slightly fuller bow to ride up on waves easily. Playing around in boats is fun. Here is me in my stripper on a lively river. I built it with a tuck-in to avoid having to reach past a wider gunwale while offering the stability of a flared hull. Northern white cedar, redwood, ash gunwales, mahogany decks.

a269f-1044630567-L(2).jpg

A few years ago, a couple of teenagers on a crime spree stole a boat to ride down one of the rivers to Hudson's bay, at about the same latitude. The locals just shook their heads. It was unclimbable sand banks and millions of bugs all the way. They didn't make it. I'm sure glad you didn't find a surprise waterfall like a couple of Saskatchewan locals I know did.

I would actually say that it is pretty scenic! :) Wonderful pictures.
Sorry you're going through a rough time right now. I hope the canoe trips are uplifting.

I would actually say that it is pretty scenic! :) Wonderful pictures.
Sorry you're going through a rough time right now. I hope the canoe trips are uplifting.
@Luca, As a fellow padler, I feel that canoe trips can be exciting, fun, healing, and sometimes transcendental, but always uplifting to use one's skills to be comfortable in nature. And safe.

Did you get any pics of the aircraft loaded with your canoe, or from the air?

New Threads

Top Bottom