• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Phobias anyone?

Sindri; when you wrote, "esp orangutans", I thought you were refering to telepathic apes, which I suppose would be strangely disturbing. lol

Also; orangutans are not monkeys, but apes. The term 'simian' would better encompas both orangutans and baboons. Funny enough, this term also includes humans, though like the term 'animal' I believe our exclusion is implied in most contexts.

I have trypanophobia- the fear of injections and needles. Just looking at anything remotely needle-like makes me panic! I also, for whatever reason, have a huge fear of slugs! Despite loving practically every other bug/insect (snails included), I've just got such a fear and repulsion for the slimy little critters! :confused:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448386360.550161.jpg

I feel like I'm wrong or a screw-up in some way every single day. One mistake will define my entire being. It compounds on itself, too, making me feel ever so worse with each passing day. It's so difficult to break the cycle of self-deprecation.

View attachment 21988

I feel like I'm wrong or a screw-up in some way every single day. One mistake will define my entire being. It compounds on itself, too, making me feel ever so worse with each passing day. It's so difficult to break the cycle of self-deprecation.
Yeah; I can totally relate to that. I fear failure so badly that I can barely bring myself to try, and failure in my mind is just about anything short of perfection.

The phobia that has dominated my life is my fear of vomit. I know nobody likes being sick but this is something else. I would rather sit there all day feeling sick , knowing even if I 'let it go' il feel better I still hold onto it. I just cannot do it! Sometimes of course I have no choice and after being sick I have a full blown sobbing panic attack. It gotten a lot worse since I had my daughter (I was extremely lucky to suffer no sickness while pregnant) she only has to burp or gag and my heart starts thumping. If she's sick I can't even look at her and someone has to help me :( it's terrifying! I'm dreading her reaching school age and bringing home sickness bugs. Ugh!

I have pyrophobia (fear of fire) caused by a traumatic experience i had when younger and just thinking about fire makes me feel really dizzy and nauseous and even lit candles make me really anxious and uncomfortable but it's not as bad as it was a few years ago :)

I have pyrophobia (fear of fire) caused by a traumatic experience i had when younger and just thinking about fire makes me feel really dizzy and nauseous and even lit candles make me really anxious and uncomfortable but it's not as bad as it was a few years ago :)

Hi welcome to the group :) I'm afraid of fire as well, caused by a tramatic experience in my old apartment complex. I'm also a water sign and love water to the extreme degree, so I've always just felt like I clashed with fire anyhow. ^_^

I'm afraid of heights, drowning/not being able to breathe and small enclosed places. Even the movie "The Man In The Iron Mask" creeps me out because I can picture myself inside the mask and it gives me claustrophobia. I once even had an anxiety attack over it.

I am very leery about fire as well as leaving candles lit.

Okay... I'm afraid of butterflies.
My brother is afraid of insects, whereas I will catch and realease most any arthropod that invades my domicile. He used to get really upset with me for this as he just wanted me to kill the offending creepy-crawly and get it over with. When I tried to catch moths he would tearfully accuse me of being a deranged moth-lover and harboring a secret desire for them to swarm our closets and consume our wardrobes.

Once a butterfly landed on my index finger. Not thinking my brother's fear would extend to something so inocuous I decided to show it to him. He ran away screaming. =/

I've been afraid of butterflies ever since I was little, when my mom, grandma, and great aunt took me to a butterfly convention. I remember there being large butterflies bigger than my hands put together flying around a room and that scared the heck out of me. I've been scared of butterflies ever since. Watching the "Wormy" episode of spongebob hasn't helped either.

I have a phobia of Slender Man and Jeff the Killer and Sonic.Exe... Even though when I think about it I would just beat them up...

Slender man has no face. People tend to find that terrifying, but if you ask me it seems a major disadvantage.

New Threads

Top Bottom