• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pet Alligator returned to its “owner”

I don't really mind hearing them howl, either. This past Halloween, they were running and howling everywhere, very active. I told the grandkids that they were werewolves for Halloween, LOL. Probably gave the kids nightmares....

Being so close to nature in a literal sense is one of the big reasons I remain where I live. To step out of my front door and be on right on the edge of raw desert with lots of wildlife nearby. Though being on a second floor seems to keep the more problematic critters at bay.

Except for the pigeons. Those I'd like to get rid of. Disturbingly noisy, flying rodents.

Being so close to nature in a literal sense is one of the big reasons I remain where I live. To step out of my front door and be on right on the edge of raw desert with lots of wildlife nearby. Though being on a second floor seems to keep the more problematic critters at bay.

Except for the pigeons. Those I'd like to get rid of. Disturbingly noisy, flying rodents.

I love living in a rural area with nature right outside my doors. I think I'd shrivel up and die if I had to return to living in a city.

Don't tell @Raggamuffin about the pigeons! ;) Pigeon fledglings keep falling off his office building to the pavement below and there's nothing he can do to prevent it. :(

I find them endearing - same goes for pigeons, opossums and other animals considered mangy. Gulls are actually very intelligent birds. I also enjoy how much their noise annoys people at work. That, and the fact that they seem to carpet bomb people's cars with poop. I love seeing people losing it in the car park when they see their newly washed cars bombarded with poop.

Maybe me finding such animals endearing correlates to how I feel like I don't fit in. So when the general public tend to react negatively to something - I'm often finding merit in them. Same goes for crime and criminals - I find the victims stories utterly lifeless and boring - anyone can be a victim, and they always say the same things when they're a victim of crime, or have lost someone. I prefer to hear about the criminals. I was especially keen on prison documentaries. Seeing the human aspect to people who are branded by society as "inhuman."

Anyway, back to birbs. There's several local gulls and crows which fly down and stand in front of me when they see me approach the window at work and I feed them my leftovers from lunch.

Ed

Last edited:
I’ll agree that People are awful. I prefer dogs to hang out with better because they don’t talk.

This may be a case of location, I see your in Portland and know they do not naturally live there so it’s quite possible that you do not know hundreds of people that visit from the Coastal Carolinas down to the Keys that have had their dogs eaten by these “poor creatures”. It’s a reptile, they do what reptiles do and that is eat meat. They do not care what kind. People have been found, or rather I say parts of people that innocently go fishing when visiting from other places like...well Oregon or Idaho where they do not have alligators.

Yes, alligators still eat people for those that do not know this. To this day, people are being eaten by alligators. Around 2017 a young beautiful girl was raped, killed and then deposited in these so called lovely swamps where the “happy alligators” were and she was then eaten. Her mother has nothing to bury, but a lot of gators did have to be killed to find parts of this young girl. Hmmmm, wonder if her mother thinks alligators need to be happy? I’ve never seen one smile come to think of it, are they ever happy?

Just a though. We don’t have an antifi problem where most the gators are so there is that - I rather deal with gators they make better boots and are worth living since they are valuable for their skin...so maybe you have a point after all.

PS: I’m a vegetarian not a heartless jerk, I like cows and chickens and believe they have feelings. I have no use for alligators, not even in the same category.

Humans tend to think that we are the kings and masters of this planet. I don’t think that way. There is no rational justification for thinking that way. Alligators have as much right to be here and to be alligators as we have to be here and to be humans. It’s very rare for alligators to attack humans, but it does happen. It just does. Life. It’s actually MUCH more common for humans to harm alligators, e.g. the boots you mentioned. Utterly barbaric.

Re: The girl who was raped and murdered: the rape and murder by human men is what horrifies me, not that alligators then ate her after she was dumped like garbage into the swamp. The humans were responsible for the horror; the alligators just wanted to eat.

Humans tend to think that we are the kings and masters of this planet. I don’t think that way. There is no rational justification for thinking that way. Alligators have as much right to be here and to be alligators as we have to be here and to be humans. It’s very rare for alligators to attack humans, but it does happen. It just does. Life. It’s actually MUCH more common for humans to harm alligators, e.g. the boots you mentioned. Utterly barbaric.

Re: The girl who was raped and murdered: the rape and murder by human men is what horrifies me, not that alligators then ate her after she was dumped like garbage into the swamp. The humans were responsible for the horror; the alligators just wanted to eat.

Hi; I’m a Christian and I DO Believe that we are over the animals because the Bible tells me this in the first chapter! How about that! Right there in the front it says so!

Animals should be treated great, loved and respected. Reptiles make good boots.

Obviously, feel free to think what you wish this is the internet after all, but I respectively and completely disagree with you.

Genesis 1:25-26 25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And here we go again, def not a way I’d want to go that’s for sure, these things are only good for apparel....

“...While a cause of death remains pending, authorities reportedly said the woman “did appear to suffer injuries consistent with an alligator attack”.

Family members are said to have told WFLA that the woman was 29 years old and was known to have frequented the pond to swim....”

Woman found dead in pond in possible alligator attack

New Threads

Top Bottom