• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pet Alligator returned to its “owner”

Meistersinger

GATOR captured after being spotted in Susquehanna River in central Pennsylvania

This is disturbing, to say the least.

This gator escaped from its owner’s home in Wrightsville, York, PA. Wrightsville is located on the West Bank of the Susquehanna river, and was returned to it’s owner by the authorities. Wrightsville Borough does not have an ordinance regarding Crocodilians that are owned by private citizens. They say the gator is tame and is considered to be a pet.

This scares the living hell out of me. Crocodilians are reptiles, as well as predators. Why hasn’t the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission, let alone the Department of Natural Resources, stepped in and seized this animal, which is not even native to Pennsylvania, like they did a few years ago when a local ice cream parlor, located just outside of town, had a black bear living in a small cage (and in poor condition) for many years on that property? Better yet, why didn’t they seize a wallaby that a family kept as a pet in their home located in Southern York County? The wallaby is a wild animal, related to the kangaroo, hailing from Australia.

And people wonder why I get disgusted with what passes as common sense, (or the lack thereof) with the residents of South Centra PA!!!

The pet snakes are just as bad. Florida has a terrible problem with non-native snakes that escaped their owners into the swamps and Everglades.

GATOR captured after being spotted in Susquehanna River in central Pennsylvania

This is disturbing, to say the least.

This gator escaped from its owner’s home in Wrightsville, York, PA. Wrightsville is located on the West Bank of the Susquehanna river, and was returned to it’s owner by the authorities. Wrightsville Borough does not have an ordinance regarding Crocodilians that are owned by private citizens. They say the gator is tame and is considered to be a pet.

This scares the living hell out of me. Crocodilians are reptiles, as well as predators. Why hasn’t the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission, let alone the Department of Natural Resources, stepped in and seized this animal, which is not even native to Pennsylvania, like they did a few years ago when a local ice cream parlor, located just outside of town, had a black bear living in a small cage (and in poor condition) for many years on that property? Better yet, why didn’t they seize a wallaby that a family kept as a pet in their home located in Southern York County? The wallaby is a wild animal, related to the kangaroo, hailing from Australia.

And people wonder why I get disgusted with what passes as common sense, (or the lack thereof) with the residents of South Centra PA!!!

I hope that someone captured that alligator because there is no way it could survive a Pennsylvania winter. I think that wild animals in captivity is a bad idea, no matter what the circumstances.

I hope that someone captured that alligator because there is no way it could survive a Pennsylvania winter. I think that wild animals in captivity is a bad idea, no matter what the circumstances.
I tend to agree. But remember that every domesticated anime we have was once wild. Some wild animals are better suited for being a pet than others. Every ferret owner I have ever met thinks it is a marvelous pet.

Wish I had caught it, would have me a new shiny holster and gun belt! :)

We had them in the neighborhood I was in back in SC, dang things all over the place, had to watch your dogs or they would get them in a heartbeat. Some of the neighbors ate them, ate the tails then used their heads as garden decorations. Said they tasted like chicken, seriously lol does everything taste like chicken!

Wish I had caught it, would have me a new shiny holster and gun belt! :)

We had them in the neighborhood I was in back in SC, dang things all over the place, had to watch your dogs or they would get them in a heartbeat. Some of the neighbors ate them, ate the tails then used their heads as garden decorations. Said they tasted like chicken, seriously lol does everything taste like chicken!
Years, back my cousin went to juvie because he and his friends would catch baby gators in ponds, and then leave them on peoples' doorsteps and doorbell ditch and run away.

The world is horrible and cruel. The poor alligator should be released into a swamp where he can be happy and live naturally. People are awful.

The local constabulary did capture the gator and returned it to it’s “owners”

The world is horrible and cruel. The poor alligator should be released into a swamp where he can be happy and live naturally. People are awful.

I’ll agree that People are awful. I prefer dogs to hang out with better because they don’t talk.

This may be a case of location, I see your in Portland and know they do not naturally live there so it’s quite possible that you do not know hundreds of people that visit from the Coastal Carolinas down to the Keys that have had their dogs eaten by these “poor creatures”. It’s a reptile, they do what reptiles do and that is eat meat. They do not care what kind. People have been found, or rather I say parts of people that innocently go fishing when visiting from other places like...well Oregon or Idaho where they do not have alligators.

Yes, alligators still eat people for those that do not know this. To this day, people are being eaten by alligators. Around 2017 a young beautiful girl was raped, killed and then deposited in these so called lovely swamps where the “happy alligators” were and she was then eaten. Her mother has nothing to bury, but a lot of gators did have to be killed to find parts of this young girl. Hmmmm, wonder if her mother thinks alligators need to be happy? I’ve never seen one smile come to think of it, are they ever happy?

Just a though. We don’t have an antifi problem where most the gators are so there is that - I rather deal with gators they make better boots and are worth living since they are valuable for their skin...so maybe you have a point after all.

PS: I’m a vegetarian not a heartless jerk, I like cows and chickens and believe they have feelings. I have no use for alligators, not even in the same category.

I tend to agree. But remember that every domesticated anime we have was once wild. Some wild animals are better suited for being a pet than others. Every ferret owner I have ever met thinks it is a marvelous pet.

Would love to have a fox, they seem to make great pets.

Started hand feeding a racoon that came up behind our home, named her and she came by daily and then brought her 4 babies to visit. Made me want a racoon for a pet very much, too cute! Well, learned that they urinate in their drinking water. That did it for me lol. Will say she was very sweet and I never felt scared of her. Sadly, we had a Wolf show up, and doing what wolf’s do...well, everything back there is gone. Do have deer show up still but nope, no more coons nor opossums the wolf got them all.

Last edited:

Started hand feeding a racoon that came up behind our home, named her and she came by daily and then brought her 4 babies to visit. Made me want a racoon for a pet very much, too cute! Well, learned that they urinate in their drinking water. That did it for me lol. Will say she was very sweet and I never felt scared of her. Sadly, we had a Wolf show up, and doing what wolf’s do...well, everything back there is gone. Do have deer show up still but nope, no more coons nor opossums the wolf got them all.
A wolf? where do you live?

There are Silver Foxes in Russia that have been specifically bred to be human-friendly. They are expemsive.

In Houston proper! Unbelievable huh?! Most neighbors didn’t believe us until our next door neighbor got a video of it. We knew it had to be a wolf because it’s body was so close to our 4’ fence we could see it wasn’t small like a coyote. It’s a beautiful dog, and really big! I’m afraid of the big bad wolf lol.

It is illegal to own a wolf without a special permit but some people own wolf hybrids. That could be someone's dog running loose.

In Houston proper! Unbelievable huh?! Most neighbors didn’t believe us until our next door neighbor got a video of it. We knew it had to be a wolf because it’s body was so close to our 4’ fence we could see it wasn’t small like a coyote. It’s a beautiful dog, and really big! I’m afraid of the big bad wolf lol.

Are you sure it wasn't a coyote? They interbreed with domestic dogs and often look like wolves.

Are you sure it wasn't a coyote? They interbreed with domestic dogs and often look like wolves.

I have a picture of one I photographed about a hundred yards from my back door. Still debating it accordingly. But then there's also the possibility of wolf/coyote/dog hybrids.

Point taken. Size of an individual animal can skew whatever species or breed they may actually be. Though coyotes in particular crack me up at how indifferent they can be about intruding into a human environment.

Last edited:
Hi;
If y’all that are asking about the Wolf go back and read, my next door neighbor got a picture and video. We are all without a doubt that this is a wolf. Other people in other areas within 3 miles have also said that there are wolves.

It was a couple hands higher than our Dobie/Rottie mix, the wolf was not scared of people and we believe the “bait” in our yard was our smaller dog that is 45 pounds. This wolf wasn’t scared enough of people either.

Folks, this was a wolf no doubt. It’s normal to question - with the video and us seeing this creature within 30’ of us...yes, it was a wolf.

I have a picture of one I photographed about a hundred yards from my back door. Still debating it accordingly. But then there's also the possibility of wolf/coyote/dog hybrids.

Point taken. Size of an individual animal can skew whatever species or breed they may actually be. Though coyotes in particular crack me up at how brazen they can be about intruding into a human environment.

Coyotes are common where I live. Too common! You can hear them howling at night, makes your skin crawl! They kill our deer population. A fawn with a terrified mother has no chance of survival against a pack of wild canines. Plus, they crowd out our native foxes. Fortunately, we have donkeys who hate canines - a donkey will kill a dog in a heartbeat - who seem to keep the coyotes away from our chicken house.

Some neighbors down the road from me hired a professional coyote trapper to reduce the population. He used some kind of baited trap that grabs their paw (maybe a slipknot) and won't let go. Then he comes back to get them and take them away. He claims he uses them with hunting dogs to find game. I'm dubious. I think he just drives a mile away and releases them back into the community so people will hire him again to trap coyotes! :rolleyes:

Coyotes are common where I live. Too common! You can hear them howling at night, makes your skin crawl! They kill our deer population. A fawn with a terrified mother has no chance of survival against a pack of wild canines. Plus, they crowd out our native foxes. Fortunately, we have donkeys who hate canines - a donkey will kill a dog in a heartbeat - who seem to keep the coyotes away from our chicken house.

Some neighbors down the road from me hired a professional coyote trapper to reduce the population. He used some kind of baited trap that grabs their paw (maybe a slipknot) and won't let go. Then he comes back to get them and take them away. He claims he uses them with hunting dogs to find game. I'm dubious. I think he just drives a mile away and releases them back into the community so people will hire him again to trap coyotes! :rolleyes:

Yep, dirt common here as well. But being so close to the mountains we also have wolves and bears and a lot of other critters not so small that sometimes invade human spaces. Basically anything is possible here.

Though I do sometimes enjoy hearing the coyotes howl a few hundred yards away.

"Children of the night." :cool:

Yep, dirt common here as well. But being so close to the mountains we also have wolves and bears and a lot of other critters not so small that sometimes invade human spaces. Basically anything is possible here.

Though I do sometimes enjoy hearing the coyotes howl a few hundred yards away.

"Children of the night." :cool:

I don't really mind hearing them howl, either. This past Halloween, they were running and howling everywhere, very active. I told the grandkids that they were werewolves for Halloween, LOL. Probably gave the kids nightmares....

New Threads

Top Bottom