• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People who act like idiots

Is anybody here in the market for therapeutic fantasies? I'm happy to share a personal favourite around, that might appeal to some of you for adopting into your therapeutic fantasy repertoires, if it's not in there already: We like to imagine digging a moat around our place and stocking it with hungry piranhas. Then just a little drawbridge to let friendly folk come across.
My therapeutic fantasty involves the ex CEO of Boeing and a baseball bat.

This is what happens when I order tickets online. Click Dueling Banjos and you get ringside at the World Federation of Supreme Troll Wrestling...

I'm just glad I have friends and family who are willing to tell me if I'm being an idiot or obtuse. Straight up, flat out. Nothing snaps my logical side back into gear faster.

Ever had the pleasure of being on Reddit? Depends on the subreddit I suppose, but man...the way some of them behave there...

I have. I found it was okay and I like that it's quite active. Not a fan of the reply within a reply format, as the text is a bit small.

The moderators are a bit fussy over what gets posted, so it's a miss more than a hit, really.

Yep. Reddit unfortunately warped my perception about how people (in general) are. Trying to recover from that.

Well, I think this is a good place for Reddit recovery! :) Depends on the subreddit, but on one, all my contributions ended up getting rapidly downvoted by a resident bunch of trolls so that they would disappear off the page. Because I wasn't as cool as them - I had a different favourite album from the same band etc. ;)

And was prepared to stand up for it, and made the case that "best" and "favourite" are two different things and that people frequently confuse those. But it was a typical fandom - you're not as cool as us if you don't have the same favourite album, and don't call it their "best" album, and we'll ostracise you for it, and for speaking out about your reasons!

Like the people who fall off the Grand Canyon cliffs every year while taking selfies. What price vanity?!

I was at the Grand Canyon, sure enough, somebody jumped the pole fence and was dangerously ...........

New Threads

Top Bottom