• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People sitting in parked cars

We often discuss this topic with my family when we eat together. We have NO IDEA what they're doing. Some of them are litterally doing NOTHING. It's really a weird phenomenon.

I just asked my grandpa if he ever noticed this, and he said he's noticed it as far back as the 50s. Just sitting there like mannequins doing nothing for a really long period of time.

Think there is a ton of sub- categories. People who spot other people, drug people, undercover cops, mindless faceless souls doing time on the planet by sitting in their cars, and people waiting for their work shift to start, store to open, a bank to rob, or a relative to finish medical, shopping appointment or harmless people eating a meal and people watching.

Last edited:
I just asked my grandpa if he ever noticed this, and he said he's noticed it as far back as the 50s. Just sitting there like mannequins doing nothing for a really long period of time.
Maybe their battery got low so they need to recharge :)

My spouse sits in the car at night in the winter, so he can smoke a cigar without freezing and he listens to music as well or reads from his tablet. He's not allowed to smoke cigars in the house.

Have noticed many people sitting in their cars, eating, listening to talk radio, smoking, the laws restrict people smoking near federal and commercial buildings. So I suspect they use their cars for it. They are using their phones as well, and pull over and park in innocuous places quite often.

Think with the dumbing down of the American school system, colleges will offer Car Sitting Certificates of Accomplishment in 10 more years.

Last edited:
Sometimes even NTs have to "get away from it all" too. With their cars being the easiest way to facilitate such a need where you can lock all the doors. And then there's the pandemic to consider, where some folks probably need a break from being couped up at close range with their own family.

Besides, David Berkowitz is in the Shawangunk Correctional Facility. So it's ok to just be sitting in your car, alone or otherwise without any fear of being shot since the summer of 77. ;)

I figure being on the phone is the number one reason.

But to me it takes on a sinister quality. Like they are there as observers. I mean anywhere I go where there are parked cars, there inevitably is someone alone in a car. Sometimes I see them looking at what is going around them. Maybe they are reporting what's going on in their sector to "headquarters" on their phones.

Maybe they are watching me. The next thing will be black SUVs following me around. Or black helicopters hovering where they can see me. Probably from some top secret, unnamed government agency. Maybe they will snatch me up and I will never be seen or heard from again. Maybe.

Maybe they are watching me. The next thing will be black SUVs following me around. Or black helicopters hovering where they can see me. Probably from some top secret, unnamed government agency. Maybe they will snatch me up and I will never be seen or heard from again. Maybe.

The SUVs and helicopters are easy to spot. It's their micro-drones disguised as mosquitoes you have to worry about.

There's a man who lives opposite our house and he clearly sells drugs. People stopping by his house for 1 or 2 minutes at all hours. Also the occasional confrontation outside of his house - it's like a Jerry Springer show outside the window some days.

He doesn't look like a successful drug dealer I must admit. He has the appearance of someone who is fond of sampling whatever it is he sells.

As a redhead, I know we can sometimes look sickly. However, this guy looks like he's permanently got flu. Not exactly a trendy look right now.

Ed

Something I have taken notice of is it seems there is usually someone sitting in a perked car somewhere nearby.

And I wonder why so many people are sitting around in parked cars like they are on a stakeout or something.

Maybe they’re waiting for the dogging to start?

I don't think people sitting in a parked car are strange. For example, people are sitting in a parked car when waiting for someone who will come soon or to protect themselves from heat if a car has air conditioning.

I am still waiting. As long as they have donuts, l will follow.

I work at a semi truck repair shop fixing them and see it sometimes.This is with repairs and when I do services to them.I tell them they are not a 10 minute job.Servicing them is not just just changing the oil filter,I have to check fluid levels and tire pressure in the tires also replace a couple other filters greasing what needs to be greased too.So bad my boss or the service manager tells them go do something else while it is being done

Something I have taken notice of is it seems there is usually someone sitting in a perked car somewhere nearby.

And I wonder why so many people are sitting around in parked cars like they are on a stakeout or something.

Busted. Sorry. :(

The thing is they don't look suspicious offhand. They don't look like drug dealers or cops. Just an average person sitting in an average car. I get the feeling if I knocked on their window and asked what they were up to, I would end up on the back of a milk carton.[/QUOTE]

Do milk cartons have "backs"? o_O
And why would you want to do that? :p

I often get some fast food (well, before the pandemic) find a nice park, preferably, and eat my meal while enjoying the ambience.
Watch the ducks on the lake.
Or just sit in the car and listen to music, just for a change of scenery.

New Threads

Top Bottom