• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People making fun of me

jane_doe

So today I had a disaster im now sure what to do. I was having a sensory overload today in learning support and someone secretly got a video of me panicking and sent it to some other students. The video is just a few seconds of me rocking back and forth with my jacket over my head while curled up on the ground breathing weird. Most people at my school don't even know what autism is and this video is spreading and people are making fun of it. I'm so mad and upset because I normally think of the LS as safe. The school uses it as a place for people with sensory issues and I don't know why these people where there and I'm not popular already so I don't know what to do.

I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m not sure what advice to give, but you have my deepest sympathies.

This black dude at hospital was really good at his excuses trying to get out, he told nurse he smokedd drugs and that's why he behaved weird....that he was sorry and won't happen again.
Makes sense to also say drugs is the reason I can't get my life together or hold down a job, think about it.
Tell people you took a hectic drug and had a bad trip....but you over it know. Just try pass it off as joke

Something like this happened to me too. Someone took a picture of me having a meltdown in Spanish class and posted it to Instagram. I don’t really know what advice I should give you. I would say to try to ignore it right now. People will forget and move on to the next thing. There’s always something else to mock, that’s why high school is so bad. Stay strong.

End of school year, maybe you are graduating out of school. I'd suggest to try to just let it go and be aware you can't always trust the random people around you.

So today I had a disaster im now sure what to do. I was having a sensory overload today in learning support and someone secretly got a video of me panicking and sent it to some other students. The video is just a few seconds of me rocking back and forth with my jacket over my head while curled up on the ground breathing weird. Most people at my school don't even know what autism is and this video is spreading and people are making fun of it. I'm so mad and upset because I normally think of the LS as safe. The school uses it as a place for people with sensory issues and I don't know why these people where there and I'm not popular already so I don't know what to do.
I am really sorry that happened. There should be a safe space at school where you are protected from such invasion and ridicule. If it really bothers you, or if someone posts it on the internet with your name, you can have your parents contact the school office or Principal to have it taken down and/ or have those kids stop circulating the video. This is considered harassment of someone who is disabled and does not have to be tolerated. Something like this happened with my step-son a few years back and they posted a video of him on Facebook, tagging him. His Mom called the school and told them who filmed/ posted/ circulated it and the parents of those kids were called and they were told to take it down. They also had to erase the video from their phones and stop teasing him. It was a big deal, so it would attract more attention to you if you had to go though all of that. But, in his case, things stay on the internet forever, so it was worth it for him.

With regards to people like this: Understand this sort of behavior is primal. All animals, birds, fish, etc. will find a member of the group that appears to be "different" or "weak" in their perception, then proceed to pick and pick and pick away at them until they leave or are dead. This is a very real thing.

Now, you have two choices in this scenario. You can continue to let them pick and pick and pick away at you, making your life miserable, OR, you can pick up your chin, shoulders back, bold and brash, and own your autism. Use humor, become defiant, be a tough, hard-as-nails SOB, confrontational, in their face, whatever it takes, but for Pete's sake, don't come off as weak. You can get pissed off and cry in private, but don't do it in front of them. Don't give them the satisfaction, because it will only make them want to do it more. Courage is being afraid and doing it anyways. Once they get the sense that you're not going to let their teasing and attempts at humiliation bother you, they will back down. People should respect you, but it starts with respecting yourself by being strong in the face of their bullying and teasing. These people obviously don't think much of you, so you can reciprocate that by not thinking much of them and letting their behaviors get under your skin.

With regards to people like this: Understand this sort of behavior is primal. All animals, birds, fish, etc. will find a member of the group that appears to be "different" or "weak" in their perception, then proceed to pick and pick and pick away at them until they leave or are dead. This is a very real thing.

Now, you have two choices in this scenario. You can continue to let them pick and pick and pick away at you, making your life miserable, OR, you can pick up your chin, shoulders back, bold and brash, and own your autism. Use humor, become defiant, be a tough, hard-as-nails SOB, confrontational, in their face, whatever it takes, but for Pete's sake, don't come off as weak. You can get pissed off and cry in private, but don't do it in front of them. Don't give them the satisfaction, because it will only make them want to do it more. Courage is being afraid and doing it anyways. Once they get the sense that you're not going to let their teasing and attempts at humiliation bother you, they will back down. People should respect you, but it starts with respecting yourself by being strong in the face of their bullying and teasing. These people obviously don't think much of you, so you can reciprocate that by not thinking much of them and letting their behaviors get under your skin.
I literally make animal noises and move around like a monkey as a stim when I'm bored :D
I love how you said "bold and brash"
Woah....... Nice advice. I'm sure that will be useful for them.

That is so awful! How cruel to take a video of someone in a desperate moment and then spread it around for ridicule. This is an awful awful thing.

Please, do some things that make you feel calm and happy, and remember that the people spreading the video and those who are laughing are acting in a wicked way.

I completely understand why you would be upset by this and why your trust for the space has been broken. I hope that you can be around people who accept you and make you feel good, either in real life or even virtually. We can be here for you, too.

I am so enraged that someone would do this. You will get through this, and maybe you will learn who the really good people are based on anyone who doesn’t react or comes to your defense.

This black dude at hospital was really good at his excuses trying to get out, he told nurse he smokedd drugs and that's why he behaved weird....that he was sorry and won't happen again.
Makes sense to also say drugs is the reason I can't get my life together or hold down a job, think about it.
Tell people you took a hectic drug and had a bad trip....but you over it know. Just try pass it off as joke

This is not likely to be an effective strategy for a person experiencing sensory overload.

A. It's a lie.
B. To be effective either the person would have to never feel stressed from sensory overload again
C. Or never see the same people again
D. What about drug use can be passed off as a joke?

New Threads

Top Bottom