• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People laughing at your expense

Let people laugh at your expense?

• Total voters
I let a lot of things slide if I know it's coming from a good place, and genuine humor is one of them. It's different if someone is being antagonistic, but usually they have to go really far in order for me to care.

Humor is subjective, especially if it is at someone else’s expense. If you’re laughing at something another person has done, and they’re laughing about themselves too then it’s often genuine and not malicious. However, if someone is laughing at another with malicious intent and the person is not aware or is uncomfortable, then it’s not really funny. And it is not to Whine if someone laughs at you and you don’t get the joke, or if it is malicious.

No, it is not funny to me. I never laugh at other people's expense and expect the same courtesy from them.

I think being the butt of a joke, and one's response will be highly individualized. I think both parties need to be in the correct "head space" for it to actually be funny.

Sometimes they intend it as friendly, other times not.
They call it what ... Busting on someone?
That said, That was foreign to me, as someone who doesn't immediately get all jokes or find many funny.
Plus, I was brought up in a family where we never did that.

As to how it is intended can be easily determined in asking does that person like me or have issues with me? hmmm just sayin'

This thread isn't to poll people's opinions, it's to judge people who think differently than you. *laughs at you*

If someone laughes at other people expenses (being me or anyone) that person will stay out of my social circle.

Bye bye idiot.

New Threads

Top Bottom