• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PayPal UK problems!

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I pay $9.99US every month to Singsnap.com to unlock premium songs to sing, but most months the payment fails because it's never a set amount it varies according to the exchange rate which of course changes on a daily basis, possibly more often.

Anyway I tried to follow the instructions to update the payment source on my PayPal account for Singsnap, and I can't find what it says on the instructions on the US based Singsnap site, on PayPal UK.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
SingSnap deals exclusively with US Dollars. So it's PayPal UK that you must refer back to when it comes to all considerations of currency conversions.

1) Instructions for how Pay Pal calculates currency conversions and exchange rates for your account:

how does-paypal-calculate-currency-conversion--exchange-rate

2) Were you aware that PayPal UK also charges additional fees for cross border and currency conversions on top of whatever payment is due from SingSnap?

3.4% + fixed fee of £1.99 (charged in the currency received) See those terms here:

Currency Conversion - Currency Transfer | PayPal UK

3) Determine the exchange rate at the time SingSnap bills you:

Just google "USD to GBP" (US Dollars to Great Britain Pounds)

Perhaps your overall balance is sometimes short given not only floating exchange rates, but also those conversion fees as well if you haven't been accounting for them. I can only guess.

SingSnap deals exclusively with US Dollars. So it's PayPal UK that you must refer back to when it comes to all considerations of currency conversions.

1) Instructions for how Pay Pal calculates currency conversions and exchange rates for your account:

how does-paypal-calculate-currency-conversion--exchange-rate

2) Were you aware that PayPal UK also charges additional fees for cross border and currency conversions on top of whatever payment is due from SingSnap?

3.4% + fixed fee of £1.99 (charged in the currency received) See those terms here:

Currency Conversion - Currency Transfer | PayPal UK

3) Use Google to determine the exchange rate at the time SingSnap bills you:

Just input "USD to GBP" (US Dollars to Great Britain Pounds)

Perhaps your overall balance is sometimes short given not only floating exchange rates, but also those conversion fees as well if you haven't been accounting for them. I can only guess.

I know about all that thanks, and the problem isn't the exchange rate, well not really, it's the funding source, which is my debit card, it's rarely got enough funds to cover the payment, I tried to change the funding source to my other card on which all my Household bills go out, but I can't find the option on PayPal UK to change the funding source.

I know about all that thanks, and the problem isn't the exchange rate, well not really, it's the funding source, which is my debit card, it's rarely got enough funds to cover the payment, I tried to change the funding source to my other card on which all my Household bills go out, but I can't find the option on PayPal UK to change the funding source.

I see your problem. Yeah, definitely under those conditions you need to change the funding source.

I think I finally found two links within the UK PayPal site where one or both may help you:

how do-i-choose-and-change-my-payment-method

I like this option. One that might take less effort to implement:

how do-i-change-my-backup-payment-method

"A backup payment method allows you to send a payment even if you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance. Your backup payment method can be a linked bank account, debit or credit card, or PayPal credit product."

Last edited:
I see your problem. Yeah, definitely under those conditions you need to change the funding source.

I think I finally found two links within the UK PayPal site where one or both may help you:

how do-i-choose-and-change-my-payment-method

I like this option. One that might take less effort to implement:

how do-i-change-my-backup-payment-method

"A backup payment method allows you to send a payment even if you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance. Your backup payment method can be a linked bank account, debit or credit card, or PayPal credit product."

I still can't find Singsnap on the pre-approved payments list to change the funding source.

I just sent PayPal an email via their support page, I'll probably get a response sometime this week, maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky.

And no, I'm not calling them on an 0870 number charged at a Pound a minute, I'm only Rich by name ya know.

I just sent PayPal an email via their support page, I'll probably get a response sometime this week, maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Sounds like that's about all you can do under the circumstances. Be patient and see what they say about why SingSnap is not listed in terms of pre-approved payments to alter your primary funding source. Maybe they can provide some sort of workaround that accommodates you.

Have you checked to see if those same terms apply to the backup-payment method? That does seem to be a better option IMO. To have a primary payment source that only taps a secondary source if the primary source is overdrawn.

Sounds like that's about all you can do under the circumstances. Be patient and see what they say about why SingSnap is not listed in terms of pre-approved payments to alter your primary funding source.

Have you checked to see if those same terms apply to the backup-payment method? That does seem to be a better option IMO. To have a primary payment sourc that only taps a secondary source if the primary source is overdrawn.

Well according to PayPal, both my cards need to be "confirmed" via small refundable charges, I'll attend to that this week, or get Dad to, as you know both my Parents have the power to do m Banking for me because I hate speaking to the Scottish call centre, they don't understand my accent.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom