• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Participate in Research!

Would you particpate in research?

• Yes, absolutely!

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No, it is not something that I would consdier

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I will think about it

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
I would gladly participate, but I am on the opposite coast. Thank you for posting this here. Best of luck in getting some participants for this. We are ourselves the real autism experts, and many of us have much to offer by way of insights.

Well, I live a long way from UC Davis, but I signed up anyway. I doubt highly that any compensation offered would cover my travel, lodging, and lost wages expenses, but stranger things have happened so what the heck, why not?

The UC Davis MIND Institute is seeking individuals of all ages to participate in our research studies.

The benefits of research participation include:
  • feedback from expert clinicians
  • contribution to the prevention, treatment and cure or Neurodevelopmental Disorders
  • medical exams and brain imaging
  • all at no cost to the participants
  • compensation for the participants time
For more information contact Brittani Hilscher at 916-703-0299 or [email protected].

Visit our website at https://mindweb.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/studies/index.php

The UC Davis MIND Institute is a world renowned Research Center, Assessment Clinic and Resource Center for Neurodevelopmental Disabilities. It was founded by members of the community for families needing a place to turn to. What started as a small center, has now grown into a large organization that reaches families around the world.

Research is not possible without people like you! Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Are there any persons with ASD in leadership or advisory positions in your organization?

We appreciate your willingness to contribute to the advancing science behind the prevention, treatment and cure of ASD. To sign-up to be a participant, Mike, follow the link : https://mindweb.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/studies/index.php

If you would rather sign up over the phone, feel free to give me a call 916-703-0299 and I will be happy to walk you though the process.

Thanks for your willingness to help- it is much appreciated!:)

That's me signed up.

I'll take that then as a 'no' ASD people in your leadership or advisory councils. Like Autism Speaks.

Some, no, alot of ASD people are as smart as NTs and have advanced degrees and/or know a hell of a lot more about it, from the inside, then you ever will. Yet you exclude them. Its like not allowing French in a French Culture Society.

You don't actually want to have to deal with them perhaps? What are you afraid of? The unknown?

The regularly scheduled foolishness continues.

• contribution to the Cause, prevention, and treatment of Neurodevelopmental Disorders
contribute to the advancing science behind the prevention, treatment and cure of ASD

to help families understand the diagnosis and get the best care for their loved one. And I agree with you, I like living in a world with neuro-diversity too!

You say you want to prevent, treat, and cure ASD then turn around and say how much you like autistic people and neurodiversity. These are not consistent statements. Furthermore, you say it is to advance science and understanding which I would fully support, but seeking a 'cure' for or prevention of autism is not about understanding and accepting, it is about eugenics.

(Posted from my phone)

You know, if I could just get to use my brain in the right way, to channel this thinking and deep seated desire to understand myself that bit more, then I know I could help kids in the future.

I really feel for my son that he is now ten and very much like me as a child. I want to help him, empower him, help him realise that he has an amazing brain. So for me, personally (and I have older kids too, poor sods) this is my path.

I spend way too much time in my head, that I simply can't NOT put it to use.

Grrrr, I really need this uni placement, I'm praying for a place.

New Threads

Top Bottom