• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Parents Looking into Buying Me Oils That I Don't Want...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think is motivating your own parents to feel compelled to give you such medications?
I am not sure. As I said in my original post, I'm not actually as irritable as they think I have. Also, I have stated in my previous post that they have the tendency to interrupt constantly while I'm trying to explain something to them, no matter how much detail. I think everybody got the wrong idea. Also, everybody seemed to ignore this bit:
Also, my dad's coworker told him that he has a daughter that is also on the spectrum. However, her case is more severe than mine and she is 20, two huge factors of "it might not even be worth it for any reason, basically."
So, yeah... In fact, can everybody read the ENTIRE post more carefully. There seems to be a TON of information that EVERYBODY missed.

I am not sure.

Exactly.

You are their child, and legally a minor. In essence there's no telling what you don't know and haven't been told by either your parents or your doctor.

It may be best to directly ask them rather than merely to default to resisting them.

You can't make an informed decision when you don't have or aren't given all the facts.

Exactly.

You are their child, and legally a minor. In essence there's no telling what you don't know and haven't been told by either your parents or your doctor.

It may be best to directly ask them rather than merely to default to resisting them.

You can't make an informed decision when you don't have or aren't given all the facts.
I'm not resisting them. I'm just saying. They have the tendency to interrupt me and each other in the middle of a sentence, or they are both talking at once, so I speak up a bit so I can get the rest out.

You sound irritable to me. And irritating.
I think if you want to ground yourself for a month, then do it.

Have you guys not know that I just don't want it. I have rethinked it a little, but only removed some of the consequences and made few exceptions. Also, this isn't me supporting or not supporting the legal use of it. I just legit don't want to take it. @the_tortoise said that there is interest in it being an antipsychotic. One of the ADHD meds I used a long time ago was classified as an antipshycotic, and I didn't react well at that time. I just don't want it. Also, maybe it doesn't apply to it, and, instead, let's just go with "I don't want it because I already have something that does the same exact thing, and does it look like I care?" I didn't ask for your thoughts or talk about where else cannabis is found, I was just asking about how to tell my parents, "oh, no thanks, not interested" without end up sounding rude and not have them talk over me.

Please don't berate people for trying to help you broaden your mind. You made a very peculiar decision when young based on inadequate and highly polarised information, then made a pact with yourself to punish yourself if you lapsed. Very puritanical. Refusing to accept new information as you have done throughout this thread is an indication of very black and white thinking as previously noted and is not an indicator of rational decision making.
Does the fact that so many wise and learned adults have tried to help you understand not tell you something?
Are you not flattered that these people want to help you to understand something you've so far blinkered yourself to?
It would be irresponsible of us to assist you in defying
your parents when they are doing nothing to harm you, in fact they're trying to help you, so please don't ask. If you were being abused then we'd help you in any way we could but that is not the case unless there's something you've not told us?

I'm not resisting them. I'm just saying. They have the tendency to interrupt me and each other in the middle of a sentence, or they are both talking at once, so I speak up a bit so I can get the rest out.

Maybe you should simply attempt to hear them out in an orderly manner until they finish talking.

Especially if they are prepared to fully explain to you why they think you should be taking such medication in the first place. You don't appear to be listening to any of us, so I can see how you haven't been listening to them either.

Last edited:
@Joshua Aaron ,
I read your posts.
The unrelated girl with worse and/or unrelated symptoms to yours is inconsequential.

You have made a decision that disregards a plethora of easily accessed scientific research and published academia.

Further, it seems as if you have an aversion to exposure to any research on the subject.
The evidence is clear.
Refusing to look at it does not negate it.

I'd tell you to "chill out", or "relax, dude", but I don't want ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING to associate me with that crowd!
I just don't.

I am truly sorry that your situation is dire and unbearable.
Try to see the attitudes presented here as what they are: Those that have been where you are, have progressed in wisdom and knowledge, and truly wish you the best possible.
There were many such individuals in my life, that tried to show me similar wisdom, that I will never be able to thank. Never be able to tell "You were right."

All things, in moderation, both physically and mentally.

I wish you well.

This from the National Institutes of Health:

"More importantly, modulating the activity of the endocannabinoid system turned out to hold therapeutic promise in a wide range of disparate diseases and pathological conditions, ranging from mood and anxiety disorders, movement disorders such as Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease, neuropathic pain, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injury, to cancer, atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, stroke, hypertension, glaucoma, obesity/metabolic syndrome, and osteoporosis, to name just a few. An impediment to the development of cannabinoid medications has been the socially unacceptable psychoactive properties of plant-derived or synthetic agonists, mediated by CB1 receptors. However, this problem does not arise when the therapeutic aim is achieved by treatment with a CB1 receptor antagonist, such as in obesity, and may also be absent when the action of endocannabinoids is enhanced indirectly through blocking their metabolism or transport. The use of selective CB2 receptor agonists, which lack psychoactive properties, could represent another promising avenue for certain conditions. The abuse potential of plant-derived cannabinoids may also be limited through the use of preparations with controlled composition and the careful selection of dose and route of administration."

The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy

Please don't berate people for trying to help you broaden your mind. You made a very peculiar decision when young based on inadequate and highly polarised information
As I said, I didn't base it off any information. It's a purely independent choice.

"More importantly, modulating the activity of the endocannabinoid system turned out to hold therapeutic promise in a wide range of disparate diseases and pathological conditions, ranging from mood and anxiety disorders
As I said, I DO sometimes get anxious, but not often. Therefore, it isn't desperate.

This thread is pointless now. I'm just gonna ask mods to delete it. The point was entirely missed. I even told you multiple times that it was, and in many ways, too.

"I'm not resisting them."

Saying that you'll pour it out sounds like resistance, to me.

"I'm not resisting them."

Saying that you'll pour it out sounds like resistance, to me.
Actually, they'd pretty much have me pour it out if I said no, anyways, so, yeah...

Also, as @AloneNotLonely said, it's most likely a snake oil type of thing, anyways, so, yeah.

If it isn't regarded as an essential oil in the lists of oils made by companies like Young Living, then it's NOT an essential oil, PERIOD.

As I said, I DO sometimes get anxious, but not often. Therefore, it isn't desperate.

Disparate- not desperate. Differences to a point where comparisons are not possible.

But I didn't post that information to describe your condition, but rather to show you the scientific and positive advances of CBD without THC from a highly reputable source. Clearly this does not reflect sentiments of what constitutes "snake oil".

Last edited:
CBD oils don't contain THC and they are known to have a calming effect. I use them for when I have episodes of anxiety. They're so much better than the crap pumped out by big pharma.
Edit: I already solved the issue. Just told my dad that I'm uninterested, and that I just straight-up don't want it, which was actually my primary reason, I just forgot to mention that. I also told him we already have stuff that works just as well, if not better. Ignore this thread and continue on with your lives. Nothing to see here!

Joshua, your very reaction to this reflects sound reasoning for your parents to want to give you a substance like CBD in the first place. That overly-rigid Aspie "black and white" thought process. Where your mind tends to reject anything "grey" in nature. And in the adult world there are so many of us who can tell you firsthand just how physically and mentally exhausting this rigid behavior can be. Where at times, you can be your own worst enemy.

Here you have some very good people trying to explain that "grey area". The dramatic difference between CBD that legally requires the virtual absence of THC. In your particular state, even law enforcement is going to the extent to verify this with any and all known retailers of CBD oil. No harm, no foul. Especially emphasizing that CBD oil is now legal in your particular state.

You live in one of the most socially and politically conservative parts of the country. Yet it's perfectly legal to purchase CBD oil from an official retailer. What does that tell you? Times- and thoughts have changed.

That you too need to adjust your thoughts accordingly, to understand that this is not an opioid. And without THC it's certainly no "gateway" drug. It's just an organic product to help you relax more without getting or being high. Something "to loosen your spring when it's wound too tightly".

It's tragic to see much of anyone choose to rigidly live a life of pain and discomfort, based only on a set of misguided principles. Use your sense of logic to see that this is not a bad thing, and give your parents the benefit of the doubt. Particularly if they have already touched base with a medical doctor over the use of such a product.
Read this...
Edit: I already solved the issue. Just told my dad that I'm uninterested, and that I just straight-up don't want it, which was actually my primary reason, I just forgot to mention that. I also told him we already have stuff that works just as well, if not better. Ignore this thread and continue on with your lives. Nothing to see here!

As I said, I didn't base it off any information. It's a purely independent choice.

Well if it "wasn't based on any information" then it clearly isn't the "rational and informed decision" you earlier claimed it to be and contradicts your earlier story.
I'm sorry we don't agree with you, but there's a reason for that. Sometimes in life, particularly in our youth, we are just plain wrong about something. Those of us who have tried to help you learned that a long time ago. Forgive us our attempts to help you reach that important milestone in life. One day you will remember this thread and you will cringe at the memory because you will be a very different person then.

It would be a shame to delete this thread, simpy because people didn't say what you wanted them to say. There is some brilliant information compiled here that, I'm going to go out on a limb and say, will definitely help, at least, someone, who reads it.

There's nothing stopping you from refusing, point blank, to try it, especially if you can demonstrate to your parents that you are fine without some extra biochemical support.

That I should have been so lucky; firstly, to have parents that cared enough to address my issues and secondly, that I could have managed with no biochemical support. I, literally, would have ended up dead or hooked on obesity-making psych drugs without cannabis, as, at your age I had anorexia and I self harmed and had completely debilitating depression and social withdrawal.

With Cannabis, I went on to raise a large family, become a performance artist and am now so social, people have trouble believing I'm on the spectrum.

Last edited:
You sound irritable to me. And irritating.
I think if you want to ground yourself for a month, then do it.
Read This:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom