1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured Parents Looking into Buying Me Oils That I Don't Want...

Discussion in 'Autism Spectrum News, Events and Research' started by Joshua Aaron, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua Aaron

Joshua Aaron Professional Weirdo

Edit: I already solved the issue. Just told my dad that I'm uninterested, and that I just straight-up don't want it, which was actually my primary reason, I just forgot to mention that. I also told him we already have stuff that works just as well, if not better. Ignore this thread and continue on with your lives if there is nothing helpful for to you right here. Nothing to see here!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mattymatt

Mattymatt Imperfectly Perfect

CBD oils don't contain THC and they are known to have a calming effect. I use them for when I have episodes of anxiety. They're so much better than the crap pumped out by big pharma.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Graphin

Graphin Master procrastinator

You probably better try at least once?

It wasn't a long time ago my parents forced me to take some random antibiotics they got from outside the country or insane amounts of vitamin C because I was sick for 2 days.
    -
    Good thing is this was one of the few times I was sick we went to the doctor who ended up being really angry at my parents

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

"...if I did take it, I wouldn't let myself have fun for an entire month. What do you guys think of this"

I think it is very illogical.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  5. the_tortoise

the_tortoise Odd Autie Out

Why would you punish yourself?

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Joshua Aaron

Because I'm going against a promise I made to myself.

7. Joshua Aaron

How is this illogical? I made a promise to myself, and I said I'd ground myself if I end up breaking it, and no matter how I break it.

8. the_tortoise

the_tortoise Odd Autie Out

Right, but why did you make that promise?

Paricularly with a promise/rule you made to/for yourself (as opposed to a promise you made to someone else), I would think the reasons for the promise/rule are at least as important as the promise/rule itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Joshua Aaron

I do feel anxiety at times, but not long episodes. I do know that it isn't THC, but, still. I said that there is no exceptions.

10. Autistamatic

Autistamatic He's just this guy, you know?

It's a promise you might want to rethink for your own good. Do some research and rethink before you put your foot down. You are very young and your opinions are going to change throughout life as you learn new things. You will break lots of promises to yourself over time.

You very likely regularly use cannabis products already. Hemp (as it is also known) is used in food products, rope, string, textiles, paper and is a massive cash crop all over the world. You could be eating it and wearing it right now. It's also a tremendously effective medicine when used properly.

Ask yourself why you made this promise to yourself? Was it a rational, informed decision made after extensive research on the topic, or is it based on misinformation fed to you by the media? Are you being your own man or a puppet of the establishment?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. BraidedPony

BraidedPony Just another person V.I.P Member

It sounds like you are creating a problem when there doesn’t need to be.

I can understand why someone would make a promise to themselves to never snort cocaine. But if you are under 18, living at home and your parents want to try a new medicine to improve your life, then it isn’t under your control, so the promise doesn’t count.

But, it’s only for one month, so it isn’t the end of the world if you decide to punish yourself. Just let your girlfriend know why you won’t be in contact with her for a month.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Joshua Aaron

It was after an anti-drug thing at school. I promised not to use or purchase anything related to psychedelics or anything made of them. Even if the chemicals that would make me high are removed. I also told my teachers and a few of the other students in the school (this was from when I was still in Brick-and-Mortar, BTW) about it, too. It was still something I did for myself independently.

13. Autistamatic

Sounds like you've made a rash decision based on limited information. We all do that when we're young, but the great thing about being human, is we can admit when we were wrong and take a different, more constructive path. If you want to punish yourself, no-one can stop you - but it is only yourself that will care, and you'll anger your parents too.

Did you know that most prescription painkillers and anaesthetics including some over the counter medicines are made from Opium (unprocessed heroin) and cocaine? Even the anaesthetic your dentist uses is refined from cocaine.

You're clearly a bright lad but there's so much more you will be exposed to over the years which will completely change your perspective on life. I was like you when I was your age - full of certainty and the belief that I had made decisions I would keep to throughout life. I'm a completely different, and better, person for having learned and grown.

I hope you have the wisdom within you to accept you will do the same...maybe starting now?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Joshua Aaron

I'm pretty sure it's in only specific types of paper, ropes, foods, and strings or whatever. I'm pretty sure I don't even have any of those types. I also don't have any Hemp clothing. I still doubt the legitimacy of people claiming it being a usable medicine. I think it needs way more research. Plus, that research could be done by organizations rooting for it being a medicine, and those organizations exclusively, so they could always edit out negative test results.
    Yes, it was rational and informed decision. I have been listening to a podcast on Spotify called the Misfits Podcast, and, in the episode titled "DON'T DO DRUGS", the cohosts tell a story about taking edibles and how their experience went kinda wrong.

15. Joshua Aaron

As I said. I don't get as irritated or as often as they may think, and I sleep fine. It's just not needed. Also, the oils I said that my mom stored in the cupboard that AREN'T cannabis extracts most likely work just as well, or even better in those areas.

16. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I don't think THC is considered a psychedelic drug. It gives more of a euphoric feeling. I don't use it but I did in high school. :rolleyes: I think you are wise to stay away from drugs and hope you continue to do so. (Oh, I think my best friend and I promised each other we wouldn't do drugs or have sex - glad we didn't give ourselves a punishment to follow if we did. lol)
    But anyhow, the cannabis oil would be no different than the melatonin - both organic chemicals to help you relax.

LSD Molecule. Science Photo Library/PASIEKA/Getty Images
    [​IMG]
    More in Addiction

Psychedelics, also known as psychedelic drugs, hallucinogens, or hallucinogenic drugs are chemical substances which induce hallucinations and other sensory disturbances. Probably the most well-known and notorious hallucinogenic drug is lysergic acid or LSD. Other well-known hallucinogens include psilocybin, which occurs naturally in certain wild mushrooms, commonly known as magic mushrooms, or shrooms, and mescaline, which is found in the peyote cactus in Mexico and the Southwest United St
    Ecstasy or E, which is less hallucinogenic — meaning it causes fewer hallucinations, and more stimulating — meaning it increases alertness more than LSD or magic mushrooms, is sometimes classed as a stimulant and sometimes as an entactogen, rather than a hallucinogen.

Less well-known psychedelic drugs which, like LSD and magic mushrooms, are chemically similar to the neurotransmitter, serotonin, include Ololiuqui, which is found in the seeds of the morning glory flower, dimethyltryptamine or DMT, which is found in certain plants from Central and South America, harmine, which is found in a South American vine, and 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine, which naturally occurs in the venom of certain toads.

Still, other obscure hallucinogenic drugs are, like mescaline, affect serotonin as well as other neurotransmitters. These include dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine, or DOM or STP, which is a synthetic drug similar to mescaline, which is highly potent but carries a high risk of toxic reaction. Also 4- bromo-2,5-dimethoxypheethylamine or 2C-B, which, like ecstasy, is sometimes classed as an entactogen rather than a hallucinogen.

Finally, a number of hallucinogens, including atropine and scopolamine, affect the acetylcholine system in the brain. These substances are found in various plants such as belladonna or deadly nightshade, mandrake, henbane, and datura plants, such as jimsonweed. Also hyoscyamine, which is also found in mandrake, henbane and datura plants, and ibotenic acid, which occurs in Amanita mascaria mushrooms and the iboga plant.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Oh - and I don't promote the use of drugs and alcohol, and if you don't want to use the oils, then don't. But I am saying that the oils without the THC is not under the drugs you made your promise about.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Autistamatic

You ever listened to or read any positive stories? There's plenty out there I assure you.

Did you hear about the young children in the UK who's parents fought tooth and nail to obtain medical cannabis because it is the ONLY medicine that can stop their severely epileptic children from having 100+ seizures a day and changed UK law?
    Did you know it's the only medicine that can completely eliminate all symptoms of glaucoma? That it can alleviate Multiple Sclerosis symptoms? It can take away Arthritic pain, help people with Fibromyalgia lead useful lives rather than being shut in?

There's so much more to cannabis than a recreational drug. If you don't want to experience "reefer madness" then don't. Even when it's legal to buy where you are you don't have to indulge if you don't want to. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face by being scared of it though. Like all naturally grown drugs - it's also a medicine.

Oh - and start reading the ingredients on everything you eat. When it says "vegetable oil" do you know what kind of vegetable the oil came from? Do you know what those unspecified "natural fibres" in your clothes are? Do you know what kind of cardboard your breakfast cereal is packaged in? What the insulation in your walls is made from? What the plaster in your drywall is reinforced and clad with?

Hemp is one of the oldest cash crops in the world - it even predates many staple food crops. All natural rope, all sisal string, all hessian sacking is made from hemp. Most paper and cardboard has hemp fibre in it because it's so strong. It's used in fibre boards such as MDF. It's mixed with cotton in many canvas fabrics for the same reason. Some items labelled as "linen" are also made from hemp.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member

Joshua, your very reaction to this reflects sound reasoning for your parents to want to give you a substance like CBD in the first place. That overly-rigid Aspie "black and white" thought process. Where your mind tends to reject anything "grey" in nature. And in the adult world there are so many of us who can tell you firsthand just how physically and mentally exhausting this rigid behavior can be. Where at times, you can be your own worst enemy.

Here you have some very good people trying to explain that "grey area". The dramatic difference between CBD that legally requires the virtual absence of THC. In your particular state, even law enforcement is going to the extent to verify this with any and all known retailers of CBD oil. No harm, no foul. Especially emphasizing that CBD oil is now legal in your particular state.

You live in one of the most socially and politically conservative parts of the country. Yet it's perfectly legal to purchase CBD oil from an official retailer. What does that tell you? Times- and thoughts have changed.

That you too need to adjust your thoughts accordingly, to understand that this is not an opioid. And without THC it's certainly no "gateway" drug. It's just an organic product to help you relax more without getting or being high. Something "to loosen your spring when it's wound too tightly".

It's tragic to see much of anyone choose to rigidly live a life of pain and discomfort, based only on a set of misguided principles. Use your sense of logic to see that this is not a bad thing, and give your parents the benefit of the doubt. Particularly if they have already touched base with a medical doctor over the use of such a product.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mr Allen

Mr Allen Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Cannabis legal in UK = won't happen.

For various reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.