• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Out of balance gut and the link to a thousand other things...

Yeah, but gluten free food is more fattening, though, are they not? Such as the bread.

Certainly not less fattening than regular bread. Which is why I make omelettes (in winter) and salads (in summer) of my sandwiches, instead.

Is wheat all that adaptive? Is there a wheat survival collective? I can understand it with certain plants, who change and adapt to remain immortal, suppose it may include many or all types.
I recommend you watch the life of plants BBC documentary narrated by David Attenborough you will be surprised how aggressive plants are

Yeah, but gluten free food is more fattening, though, are they not? Such as the bread.
if you make it yourself you can reduce the fat , problem is !that in the last 20 years pharmaceutical companies have worried about people not buying their products so now they advocate Low fat!not everybody should have low-fat -if you are not eating animal protein you have to get energy from somewhere else ! so if you buy products that are free from something they usually put in a lot of vegetable fat instead that's why they are high-fat but it's not animal fat .
if you have the typical western lifestyle which is moving quickly for very short bursts but you don't stop moving completely for about eight hours a day Low fat may not be good for you .
just avoid hydrogenated fat !which increasingly is not included in preprepared foods .The kraft food company for instance still use it.
one thing to consider is autistic people appear to be genetically pre disposed too high cholesterol.

I recommend you watch the life of plants BBC documentary narrated by David Attenborough you will be surprised how aggressive plants are

I have seen it Streetwise, there's also one done by David Suzuki on Nature of things, Smarty Plants, uncovering the secret world of plant behaviour.

I have seen it Streetwise, there's also one done by David Suzuki on Nature of things, Smarty Plants, uncovering the secret world of plant behaviour.
it wouldn't be any use to me I don't agree with evolution for One point! and for another I don't understand a lot of spoken English I only watch !them I don't listen!.

Hey really interesting thread and some great comments! I recently started to take probiotics and after a lot of research on what has been discussed here, I came across the low fodmap diet. I've been doing my best to follow the recipes and with the probiotics I feel so much better!
Has anyone else tried it? I can definitely recommend it for anyone with IBS or digestive problems. I'm saying this from my experience of course, I'm not a doctor or dietician or anything like that.
I haven't had a single flare up or episode since I started.

My house share partner was given the FODMAP diet to try from his gastro doc.
He didn't eliminate all the foods that could be troublesome at once. He started with just a couple and if it didn't help he kept moving on until he found a food that did and eliminated it. When finished, he then started adding back in the ones that didn't seem to bother him.
I know that sounds like a lot of work, but, he didn't have to eliminate them all and is doing better.

Have you try soy milk or almond?

Yes I like it... I am feeling much better than I was when I posted this thread...
Its like it sort of comes and goes in cycles, especially after I get off track with my basically simple diet and lots of people around me. Christmas and right after was horrific... It was like I had eaten poison. Mostly back to a happy gut now... : )

I think mostly its just IBS and its just a part of who I am I guess. My stomach seems to have been upset all my life, but it gives me a break every now and then and I am grateful for that.

New Threads

Top Bottom