• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Our Pastor has been replaced suddenly, need coping advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In short, this sounds like a mega church operation, like Joel Osteen or Creflo Dollar, where the senior pastor leeches funds from the congregation into his personal slush fund.

Personally, I can do without those congregations. To me, smaller is better. I currently (that is, until COVID-19 hit) attend a small LCMS congregation, after attending a now large ELCA congregation over 37 years, mostly because I did not like the direction they were going, namely with the ordination of women pastors, the ordination of openly LGBTQ pastors, the sanctification of same sex marriage of both clergy and laity.

Even when I was in my late 20’s (there was a time I considered myself to be an atheist),I was considered to be an old dinosaur. AFAIC, the Modern church, especially the main line denominations, are no longer considered to be evangelical. One needs to look no further than the schism currently taking place in the United Methodist Church.

In short, to quote from the old gospel song: “Give me that old time religion, it’s good enough for me!” (In my case, give me a formal liturgy, pastors that “preach Christ crucified”, and a return to traditional hymnody, accompanied by a fire-belching Aeolian-Skinner pipe organ!
be careful what you say about other Christians ,libel isn't a good idea, those two pastors have rights .

Gotcha. ;)

Yeah, ya'll have a lot of wiggle-room here. Way more than other denominations.

Even more weird stuff is possible in southern Primitive Baptist Churches. I have heard some of weirdest stuff EVER from "evangelists" on AM radio in the middle of the night in Tennessee. Hallucinatory stuff.

It is a good example of why you should not worry about spectulation/theories until you know the facts of the matter. It was something I especially learned when supervising people at work. So often something problematic happens and the mind tends to assume the worst and think someone messed up and want to chew them out. But I found out over time, that 90% of the time people had good reason for what they did in the situation. Its so much better to wait and not jump to conclusions.

It is a good example of why you should not worry about spectulation/theories until you know the facts of the matter. It was something I especially learned when supervising people at work. So often something problematic happens and the mind tends to assume the worst and think someone messed up and want to chew them out. But I found out over time, that 90% of the time people had good reason for what they did in the situation. Its so much better to wait and not jump to conclusions.

Unless you had parents that would shoot first, and to hell with asking questions.

Even more weird stuff is possible in southern Primitive Baptist Churches. I have heard some of weirdest stuff EVER from "evangelists" on AM radio in the middle of the night in Tennessee. Hallucinatory stuff.

It’s not just the primitive Baptists evangelists: You should hear what comes out of the old order Amish and Mennonites evangelists mouths!

be careful what you say about other Christians ,libel isn't a good idea, those two pastors have rights .

They may have rights, but they are purveyors of a sick form of theology known as “Prosperity Gospel.”

Prosperity theology - Wikipedia

Nowhere in the New Testament do I find any promises from Jesus Christ, YHWH, or the Holy Spirit of earthly riches once belief in Jesus Christ’s Salvation is accepted. The only promise that is made is that once salvation is accepted, Christ will never forsake you.

As this thread has served its purpose and is starting to sway from the original topic, I'm requesting the thread to be locked. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom