• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Opinions and/or Advice Concerning a “Friend”

What should I do?

• Send an e-mail or letter outlining all the pain he caused in the past

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call him on the phone to discuss it

• Meet him in person to discuss it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chuck Norris, definitely! XD In all seriousness though, this guy and his friends really did put some damage on you. Though, given benefit of the doubt, his actions may have been because of peer pressure, that still wouldn't excuse anything he did. I'd just need to tell him how sick I feel from what he did (through texting), even if he didn't mean it. Then, maybe, even though his actions can't be undone, the damage can start healing and he can try to earn your trust back. If he doesn't have the patience to gain back your acceptance, then you should just sever your ties.

Last edited:
I would consider if he is really your friend in the first place. From what you have said in this thread he doesn't sound like a friend to me. Why do you think he is not toxic to you? I'm like you in that I don't make friends easily either. I'm not sure how you should serve ties with him, but if I were you i get him out of your life.

I understand/ relate entirely to what you mean you say how in the past you have been dumped by others in the past, and that makes you not want to do that to someone else. Please keep in mind that you aren't being selfish by removing him from your life. How to remove this guy from your life I have know idea, With my short temper not only would most like burn a bridge. I would blow up and leave a figurative giant glass parking lot in place of the bridge and village I blew up on. I'm not proud of leaving these figurative glass parking lots around or the ones I've already left across my life.

Most people never go threw life with out dealing with drama or interpersonal problems. It's practically impossible not to if you deal with other people, there are misunderstanding, miscommunications and personality conflicts. These things just happen not even to the fault of any one particular person it's just part of life. My boss tells us that problems arise through out our lives and that there's very little we can do to stop that from happening but it's how we resolve these problems that dictates the outcome. Sorry I couldn't be of much help to you sportster, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time for you. Feel free to PM me if you like anytime.

Think you should trust your physical reaction to this friendship, bodies rarely lie. In fact they are the only thing I trust above and beyond people's opinions, reactions and the talking heads of the world. It seems valid that very often people say many things, it's what they actually do that speaks much more.

As for ending the friendship, there is such a thing as a no contact letter. For your own peace of mind it might be helpful to detail why you are cutting contact, it may be that after this incident, stating clearly why and how this came about and it's resulting loss of trust, have led to this final perspective. Providing an explanation to the person, might give you some peace.

Last edited:
hopefully things should improve in your life with this guy out of the picture. It's never easy doing these things in life I wish you the best of luck.

New Threads

Top Bottom